Thursday, September 1, 2011

Dear GOD




“For I am about to do something new - See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? - Isaiah 43:19”

I have had the most trouble writing the past week. My mind has been consumed with so many going ons, one being that I came down with Acute Bronchitis! Yeck! I cannot stand being sick. Being the control freak that I am, I cannot stand not having control of my own body and the way I feel – leaving my health up to medication and such. Today, I am feeling 110% percent better and the twitch in my leg has returned and I am back to kart-wheeling through my busy day – Praise GOD!

I thought about what I wanted to write, and though I pray to GOD everyday and all throughout my day, I wanted to take time to write a note to him. I feel that when I pray, though I pray for a variety of things depending on the circumstances of our daily life, and though I praise GOD for all good that happens all through the day (as I say, even for a good hair day), I know GOD knows my heart inside and out and my every thought, but just as I can sit and jot down an email to a close friend or a letter to my grandma in Alabama or shoot a text to someone across the states, I wanted to take a moment to write to GOD and let him know my thoughts…

“Dear GOD,

I know we talk everyday and I never go without thanking you for everything you do, please know the following words though may be simple and not necessary to you, I wanted to ensure that you know how I feel.

I woke up today feeling 100% better then the recent days before. I thank you for healing me and making me better.

I woke up next to my husband this morning, made breakfast, watched the news, hugged our “wet-nosed kiddos”, got a little exercise in, washed some clothes and went to work. I thank you for the ability to do all of this. Days that I don’t want to face the world, My Hubby leans over and kisses me just right, the feel of the doggies wet noses on my forehead turn my frown upside down. I thank you for this.

Though the temperatures are scorchers lately and we hear there is rain in site, we thank you for the A/C that we have to keep us cool and the monies to pay for the utility bill.

Just to cover it all GOD, I thank you for being you and doing all you do for us and allowing us to be us.

XO Lyndie”


In closing, next week becomes a busy week for Mike as he undergoes MRIs, Pet Scans and results to follow. As always I become anxious before all these visits though our results have been outstanding! Mike remains to feel food, continues to work and his mentality continues to rocket daily as he remains confident as we all do that he will soon beat Cancer!

I will keep you all posted in the upcoming week to let you know of his results of all his tests and as always, we continue to thank you ALL for prayers and uplifting spirts daily, for as I remind you, these are all what gets us thorugh our days!

XOOX Lyndie

2 comments:

Texas Yellow Rose said...

Hiya Lyndie,

Just started following your blog. I'm a 10-year breast cancer survivor. Keeping you all in my heart and thoughts,
Betty

LC said...

Thank you Betty SO much! My Hubby is so blessed to have such wonderful support from other survivors such as you! Thank you for following and you will be in our prayers for continued Cancer Free Results! GOD BLESS! XOXO