Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Staying Steadfast Through ALL Trials



“Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him - James 1:12”


Through this journey that Mike and are on, I can ONLY continue to thank GOD above for the miracles he is working in our life. I thank him for allowing us to be inspirations as others are to us. I am thankful that through this journey he has allowed us to meet people of such great faith, faith that I feel maybe even rises above mine, and believe me -- I have A LOT of faith instilled in me.

We joined Biker Church of Manvel last summer after Mike’s diagnosis. I do not recall if I have blogged about them before, but if not, here you go. The minute we walked into the church, it was a complete welcome. Bikes parked along the front of the church, people mingling outside and hugs and handshakes all around. Mike and I were thankful that we knew someone there, so it made it easy and completely comfortable. We were introduced to Pastor Dave and his wife, and immediately felt such love. We shared our current journey with them, and the very same afternoon Mike was baptized. The love that continued to grow from this congregation was amazing and just right for Mike and I.

While there, we have met many special people, and one that Mike became close to. Thomas was diagnosed with Cancer as well, and not much older than Mike. He was 3 years in remission and was such an inspiration to Mike and I for his strength and belief he held for GOD for all of his circumstances. Every church service or gathering, Mike and Thomas would buddy up and talk “cancer” and all other stuff. Yesterday evening we just learned from our Pastor that Thomas’s cancer has come back and is raging through his system. The doctors have given him a prognosis of 4 weeks. My heart immediately dropped when Mike called me and after work we both went to MDA to visit with Thomas and his family.

All that know me, know my disposition and how I see the Silver-Lining in ALL situations, but on the way to MDA I started to cry, because in the seat next to me was my husband that is defying all odds, being called a miracle and I still have time with him. I felt my self asking GOD, why? Why do others not do so well, yet Mike is kicking Cancer’s butt, has not been sick or put down for any length of time and is continuing to defy all odds? I know people think I am in denial at times, and wonder how can I have SO much faith in our GOD and have confidence Mike will continue to do so well. I am completely realistic. I know this disease has its own mind and at any moment, can change direction and take you down. I know that Mike is doing so well right now, but it could change – I know this, and it is my thoughts often…BUT on the flip side, Mike could also be taken from this earth any other way, so for me to dwell on the disease at hand, I know that it continues to be GOD’s plan for him to be here and for that I can only be thankful and praise him daily and have MUCH confidence Mike will Cancer Free.

As we sat and visited with Thomas, you could see he was tired, his body was tired, yet he did not shed a tear and remained in good spirits the whole time. He has much confidence in GOD and his faith, he knows that he is here for a reason and if it is his time, then he knows it is GODs plan. In all honesty, at my age, other than grandparents passing away at an older age, I have never sat with someone in the final stages. I think I was nervous about seeing Thomas and how he is reacting to GOD’s plan. I have never sat and spoke with someone knowing in just a few weeks, you may be laid to rest – to lay there and be ok with it. As we sat there, I was more inspired than anything at that moment and felt complete peace. Thomas knows his GOD and knows GOD knows his heart and he has continued to serve his GOD above and does not question his plan laid out for him.

As we left and walked through the halls of MDA, halls that have become so familiar to us, I held Mike’s hand just a little tighter. We drove home and discussed GOD’s plan for us, and we both agreed, we continue to have no regrets and have complete faith that GOD is using us daily, and he is not nearly finished yet. But we also know when that day comes, whether it be the cancer or just GOD’s chess move for us, we know while here on earth that we strive to be the best people we can be. Though we make mistakes, we know that GOD has forgives us, and our time here on earth will continue to glorify HIM and only HIM.

I commend you Thomas for your strength and courage. Though your journey isn’t over yet, and these next 4 weeks may take you into the next 4 years, please know that you are a complete inspiration to Mike and I, to many others as well.

XO Lyndie

No comments: