Monday, September 26, 2011

Not Giving UP, Just Not Giving In!




“Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word - Psalm 119:37, NIV”


“You have to be very selective about what you give your time and attention to in order to live the life of victory God has promised. You have to recognize which thoughts to ignore, which comments to ignore, and sometimes, which people to ignore.

Every “battle” that comes across your path is not a battle that you’re supposed to fight. Many battles are simply distractions to try to lure you off course. If that battle is not between you and your God-given destiny, it’s a battle you should ignore.

Many people get thrown off course because they are always trying to straighten everyone else out or win their approval. If that’s your focus, you are wasting valuable time and energy that you should be using to pursue your dreams. Turn away from that distraction! You don’t need the approval of everyone around you; you only need God’s approval!

Friend, it’s very freeing when you realize you don’t have to fight every battle. You don’t have to straighten people out. You don’t have to pay somebody back. Instead, focus on what matters; focus on God and His Word so you will live in peace and happiness every day of your life – Joel Osteen”


As always Joel hits it right on the head and out of the park! Those exact words and the reference to those “battles” is just what I needed to hear today. I know a while back, I blogged about internal battles with ourselves that are placed within and seem to arise when life’s normal going ons are happening and sometimes you may not be sure of what side to take and doubt sets in. The battles I speak of today are more of battles of all circumstances in life. Trying to change things or people in your life that you just cannot change. Trying to analyze every detail to come to some sort of conclusion as to why things are the way they are.

For me, this is one of the toughest battles, because though I do have a happy disposition and I feel I am liked and loved by many, I do know, not necessarily because of me personally, but I am probably not liked by others, maybe many --- and FINALLY after a year of back and forth thoughts and self-doubt of my worth, I am OK with someone, anyone, whether it be a friend or family, just not liking me :) I like me, and actually LOVE me along with my GOD above and that is all that matters! I have been blessed with a wonderful husband, loving “doggies and kitties”, family & friends who continue to love Mike and I unconditionally without conditions till the day we are passed and gone from this earth.

I noticed for the longest time, even since this journey with cancer, we allowed ourselves WAY TOO much time on focusing on the “why’s” of our relationships with others, and for us doing that, it took away from OUR relationship. We were too busy trying to appease others and strive for approval that it took away from our relationship with each other and the ONLY one that matters and will be our judge in the final days – Our GOD!

As this weekend passed, Mike and I had time to reflect on his mother and the cherished time he spent with his family this weekend going through items that his mom cherished and were kept to pass on to Mike and others. Mike and I turned some music on Saturday night, shared a bottle of wine and went through all these treasures. I was so thankful to see so many memories of his mom. She is someone I have only heard stories of but to see first hand letter she wrote, perfumes she wore and items that were once close to her, it is a time that I will forever cherish with my husband. At that moment, I looked at him and said “nothing else matters.”
He knew what I spoke of, and we both agreed that we both will have so much peace moving forward, being OK with knowing, so to say, “it is what it is.” Though is hurts to come to terms with this, it is going to continue to hurt a lot more dwelling and focusing on all things out of our control.

We attended church this weekend – Biker Church, and as always, just sort of like getting these daily emails from Osteen, it was JUST the right message we needed to hear. Granted Mike and I do not attend church like we should, but when we do, it is so worth it! It is an amazing congregation of just normal, GOD fearing people that rather pulling up in an SUV or auto, they line the church parking lot with Harleys, Yamahas and all other sorts of scooters!

Mike has gone back to work OFFICIALLY full time today, and praise GOD for this! Its been a tough year with only one income (of sorts), BUT Thank YOU JESUS for this ability to have such wonderful Family, Friends and supporters through this time! For Mike, I know this is a monumental day for him – he feels stronger than ever, full of pep & re-focused – Both of us are focused in the RIGHT direction!

In closing, Mike will under-go one more PET Scan this week, and this will be the final determination of if he is ready to get on the maintenance chemo moving forward or if he will continue with the Mega-Chemo. Doctors continue to say it looks like “Sunshine with a chance of No Cancer!” in Mikes future --- we WILL continue to focus on this as well and know It ALL Remains GOD’s plan, and for this we are thankful and full of praise!

We wish you all a wonderful week ahead – I feel a slight change in the air and hope it stays – BRING ON THE HOLIDAYS!!

XO Lyndie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got this same mssg from Joel this morning & AMEN!!!!

LC said...

Wasn't it such a good message! I dont know if its the Hard-Head Tauras in just not liking NO, but I am ok now and feel so much better with the new direction! Thanks for reading BB! XO