Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Running Just As Fast As We Can




“Lose An Hour In The Morning & You Will Be ALL Day Hunting For It - Richard Whately”

My how this quote rings true! As I sit here today looking at all that we have going on from now till the end of the year and then even into next year – wow! I am in shock of the fact I am already about to utilize my September calendar!

Well, I found this quote this AM and oh how it fits me so perfectly lately. I am not so much NOT a morning person, I just rather lay in bed snuggled with Hubby and our “wet-nosed” kiddos then get up and be super productive before I go to work. I used to get up, work out, do whatever lingering chores that needed to be done, feed all the “kiddos”, catch up on emails, etc and then off to work and home by 530 to spend the entire night with hubby relaxing and enjoying dinner. Lately (well pretty much since last Summer) I have become so consumed with all else going on, I am so tired by the time I hit the pillow, that alarm clock goes of WAY to early and I enjoy snoozing one to five times vs. getting up like I used to – agh! Well last night I got home from work full of energy (Praise GOD for this --- I needed it!) Hubby was running some errands so it was just me and our house! I knocked out 4 loads of laundry (which to the day I still do not understand how just him and I go through so much laundry – but then again I am super anal and hate laundry piles – so maybe its me ;) Anyhow, I cleaned the house from top to bottom, cooked a red-ass meal AND still had energy! I felt so accomplished.

Anyhoo, on to this AM, I woke up an 1 ½ early worked out, did all my chores that I would be consumed with when I get home, made breakfast for the both of us, lunches and have dinner ready for tonight – I was so proud and I was afraid for sure I would feel that it makes the day go by SOOOOO slow, but the days half over and I still feel great! I think the statement above rang true to me because for the hours I did lose, I spent all the rest of the day and on in search of those extra hours --- no fun! I suppose that I hope everyone will take this quote to heart and though I know as fast paced as things are now a days, it is easier said than done, but truly absorb every hour of your day and appreciate them and use them to continue to make differences.

As always, I thank you all for keeping Mike and I in your prayers!! September is going to be a busy month with another month of results from MRIs, PET Scans, etc. He remains to truly kick cancers boo-tay and for that we can only give all thanks to GOD for MD Anderson, our team of doctors and all that he has placed in our lives during this time. He is back to work ¾ of the time and gaining much strength back and cannot wait to get back to FULL time!

We are excited for this Thanksgiving we are taking a road trip! We will be traveling through Mississippi through Alabama and onto Florida to spend time with family we do not see that often. I am stoked for Mike to meet my Dad’s side of the family that I am close to and have offered much support along this journey! Then we will be off to Florida to spend the holidays with his kinfolk and enjoy Thanksgiving festivities the Charnock/Dowd way – we are super stoked!! All of his family in Florida, though we do not see you often enough, the bonds we have created are forever strong and we thank and love you all!

As you know, we recently last week rescued an 8 week blue healer from The Houston Animal Shelter, he was to be euthanized and that was just not going to happen on my watch! We named him Dozer and he is just as cute as can be! He gets along with everyone else, even our two kitties! He is quite a character and doing great, despite all the odds that were against him in the beginning.

In closing, Mike and I hope you remain too outstanding in all that you are involved in. The kiddos are back to school so some sort of “normalcy” for all you parents! I loved seeing all the first day of school pics – my you all have such beautiful families – Smooches!! I will keep you posted in the upcoming weeks of Mike’s results – claiming continued healing throughout his body!! Also, my next cancerwise.com blog entry will be posted September 12, 2011.

Much love to you all – XO Lyndie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really liked the article, and the very cool blog