Tuesday, September 6, 2011

GOD Bless America --- PLEASE


“I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man, I watch CNN but I'm not sure I can tell you, The difference in Iraq and Iran, But I know Jesus and I talk to GOD, And I remember this from when I was young
Faith hope and love are some good things he gave us, And the greatest is love – Alan Jackson”


Waking us up this AM (other than the kisses from the “wet-nosed” kiddos) was the news channels with all the footage of the wild-fires hitting Texas right now. COMPLETE Devastation! Mike and I said a prayer this AM for all that are affected – many we know (that Praise GOD have not lost anything yet) but are coming close. I heard this song this morning on my way into work and now that we are coming up to the anniversary of 9/11, a day that forever changed our America, I think of all that is happening now to our nation that is forever changing our lives as well.

As I have said many, many times before, I do not do politics. Period. I feel whole heartedly that each President we have really for the most part tries to clean up the effects of Presidential pasts while all along trying to not make too many mistakes themselves. Striving and yearning to keep the promises to our nation as they were on the campaign trail, I feel they truly have visions and really try to make them come to pass. In my “younger” days (I’ll shoot for early 20’s – because 33 is by no means OLD!), but in my earlier days, I had the same view on politics, and even have to admit, because I DID NOT vote, I clearly don’t feel I have any say so because I did not contribute. At that time, I really did not feel any burden of our current presidents affecting me and my own years ago. I had a great job, a car and just really the responsibility of me. I suppose I was VERY naïve and didn’t feel the actual “ripple” affect doing anything to me.

Now that I am older, I still shy away from political conversation, because I just don’t know enough to hold an argument. I simply feel at this time, rather than what we are focusing on our Presidential represent ivies are NOT doing for us, what can we be doing for them??? It is really quite simple --- pray!

Recently a lot of people were giving Rick Perry grief for the National Day of Prayer that he wanted to hold here in Houston. See there again, I don’t understand his views on a lot of things, except that he is a Republican. The day of prayer was looked down upon because it seemed that people thought it was “biased” of him to call a national day of prayer, when there are SO many religious radicals out there, that may have once been voting for him, now feeling that he is promoting opposite and promoting religion and his views upon the nation. Boo Freaking Hoo! In my opinion our nation needs to come together and NO matter whom you believe is your creator, we need to pray for our Nation – Our nation is in a crisis – ALL over!

Prayer for our family is what is saving my Husband and continuing to ensure his journey will soon be over and he will be Cancer Free! The Power of prayer DOES work! We need to set aside our differences and pray for our nation as a whole. We need to continue to pray for our President, Our Soldiers, our congressmen and all others. We need to Pray for more people to vote! In these times, though I still really do not have the “political common sense” and I myself will not be making any decisions for our country – we must pray for the ones that do.

At this time (though I personally do not believe the world will end in 2012 by others prophecies) I do believe that ONLY GOD above knows our destiny and he is the one that will control the end. I do believe what the bible says and that we are in the years of the end with the fires, floods, earthquakes, Hurricanes and all other Worldly disasters that we have encountered.

We must come together as a nation and pray for the people who are in these decision making roles, the puppet-masters of our nation, pray for their knowledge and hearts be to better our country and not selfish reasons that will get them further and more money in their pockets. We must continue to pray for our brothers and sisters across the nations that are affected by the economy and Mother Nature. I feel we are way past a nation day of prayer – we need to pray EVERY day! Whether you a hand on the Bible or a Buddha Belly, we need to ALL continue to pray or meditate.

As I end this, I do not claim to be knowledgeable in the world of politics nor even an expert at the bible – I know my heart Just as GOD does and for every prayer, there will come a praise as well for ALL he does and continues to do – HE doesn’t ask much from us, so lets please come together during these times whether in person or spirit.

XO Lyndie

No comments: