Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where Were You?




“That some good can be derived from every event is a better proposition than that everything happens for the best, which it assuredly does not - James K. Feibleman”

I cannot believe today is 10 years since the 9/11 events of 2001. I know it is a date that occurs every year, but the actual 10 year remembrance of this event is so huge – almost like a high school reunion. (of course NO close comparison just an example).

Waking up this AM and hanging our American Flag, I noticed it was all the same down our street. We live in a mainly primary Hispanic neighborhood, and we are surrounded by a huge diversity of culture, but again today just as 9/11/2001, seeing the majority of all homes raising the American Flag, it just confirmed that no matter the turmoil the economy is in, nor what each of our political views are, we are indeed ONE Nation Under GOD and this day, this time to reflect on it all, only confirms that we still all believe in our America!

I love this song of Alan Jackson and was so happy to have this video pop up in my email this AM – sitting watching it my Hubby, though we were both in different places that day living different lives, I feel in spirit as Americans we were together, sharing the horrific moments of this National tragedy:

Alan Jackson -- Where Were You?


In closing, my heart and ALL my thanks go to all that were involved on this day 10 years ago. Thank you to ALL the firefighters, the policemen, the men, women and children and the soldiers that continue to risk their lives unselfishly to strive to continue to keep our nation from undergoing another attack.

Take a moment today, to count your blessings. Look around, whether it be the smile from your Hubby/Wife, your children or even a kiss on the nose from the “wet-nosed” kiddos, take an extra moment to hug them and ensure they know beyond a doubt that you love them.

XO Lyndie

PS - This video shows the very moment President George W. Bush received the news of the tower attacks. I know he has gotten so much flack about this moment, but I commend him for keeping his composure and handling the way he did. GOD Bless.

No comments: