Friday, September 16, 2011

Happy Happy - Joy Joy




"Joy Is Not In Things; It Is In Us - Richard Wagner”


“Jesus came to give you joy and joy to the full! When your joy is full, it can be seen by others. Joy is supposed to be displayed. As believers, we should have a smile on our face and a spring in our step. We should be kind and friendly. We should be fun to be around. We should be full of His supernatural joy!

Have you allowed the pressures of life to push you down? Have you been more focused on your circumstances than on your God? If you’re not enjoying your life or relationships, it’s time to refocus and tap into the full joy within. It’s time to draw the line in the sand and say, “That’s it. I’m not going to live another day negative, discouraged, sour or grumpy. I’m going to put a smile on my face. I’m going to let my joy be seen so I can brighten somebody else’s day. I’m going to live my life happy and full of joy! – Joe Osteen”


Again! I receive a message from Joe Osteen ministries in the same time that it is connecting with what is happening in my current situation. In my previous blog, I expressed how joyful I was for Mike’s current results and through this journey that has consisted with many ups and downs, one thing I have stayed true to is my faith and with that my happiness within has maintained!

When I started my blog I had intended it to just be an outlet for me and a way to keep in touch with others of Mike’s journey – a way to touch everyone at once. As of today, I receive emails and messages from all over from people that are following my blog and thank Mike and I for being such an inspiration. Heck, anytime I get a chance to meet someone new, I offer my blog address and invite them to take a peek and come back whenever they want. I love to share our journey with others and hope while doing this I continue to spread the joy I have in my heart to others.

I know that we all have different circumstances and beliefs, but we ALL have the ability to have joy in our hearts. With Mike’s disease one of the most important things that we were told in the beginning was how important his mentality was going to play a part in this, and they were never so right. The minute Mike gets down about anything, I allow him to sulk, but remind him he’s on a time line and we must get back to focusing on the good things in our life and how well he is doing. In the flip, he always feels better and especially with the visits that we have had lately with MD Anderson, the joy is very apparent!

Mike and I don’t have much. We are simple people with goals of having a family one day, owning our own home and just continuing to be happy. We are like most out there, we sometimes live paycheck to paycheck, but by the Grace of GOD we have NEVER been without, even when we were down to a one income household after his diagnosis. Thankful to family and friends that have helped us along the way, but the majority has been done by us and provided to US by GOD above – for this my inner joy becomes outside joy and I hope to continue to project that onto all who I come in contact with.

In closing, when you feel the weight of the world on your shoulders and you are feeling knocked down, dig deep for that ounce of happy that brings joy to your heart – allow that to outshine any negative in your life and you will surely come out on top!

XO Lyndie

No comments: