Friday, September 23, 2011

A Month of Memories!




“A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie - Tenneva Jordan”


What! It is already the end of September? We just scheduled our Christmas Décor Installation for our building – I am a bit Giddy over this! This time of year, once that weather changes (well slightly) and the leaves change colors (well ours our dead from the drought) but you get my drift. This time of year just puts something in the air, a time of celebration with Family & Friends!

This time last year, there were so many ups and downs with Mike and being so new to the Cancer. We anticipated him to be completely sick and had scheduled for family to fly in, friends to move in and whatever else we were going to need to ensure he was taken care of 24/7. Well as GOD had planned Mike was not going to take this cancer “lying” down and indeed he did not! A year a few months later from his original diagnosis, he is healthy, back to work and kicking Cancer’s Booty! As much joy as I have in my heart today, it is incorporated with a little sad as well, for this month holds many emotions for Mike and I both.

12 years ago this week, Mike lost his mom to Cancer. She was only 46. I never had the opportunity to meet her, but I have heard so many stories, and I feel in my heart she is with us still today watching over Mike. A year ago this week, Mike was in the hospital on this very day, fighting for his vision to be restored due to a tumor that affected his Optic Nerve. How ironic to be laying in MD Anderson 11 years on the anniversary of your mother’s passing, battling the same disease. Mike and his family have so many wonderful stories to share of his mom, and as I said, I see a lot of his mom in Mike and for that I am thankful. He is a free-spirit, has a huge heart and an old soul that just offers such comfort in his presence. Mike still holds his mom very close to his heart, and for this I am happy. Mike was in a different place 12 years ago, and at the time, as we all did, still had a lot of growing. He is sad that his mom is not here to see him today, but I ensured him, that she is sitting on the sidelines of Heaven routing for him and this journey he is on today. She is surely up in Heaven bragging about him to all she meets!

In my heart, I feel family is, in the end, all you have. Though I do not see my own mother nearly enough, we talk often and I am so thankful for our relationship. We do not always see eye to eye, and I don’t think we are supposed to – it’s just like a parent rule…right? The same goes for our family. We do not always see eye to eye, may not agree with decisions we make or the choices we choose, but Family is to love unconditional with no conditions. Though Mike and I have a huge family now together, at the end of the day, Mike, Myself, our 3 doggies and 2 kitties ARE our family. I know we are not ALL we have, but we have a bond that cannot be broken.

Through this journey that Mike and I have been on, I realize life (literally) is too short. The older I get, the more and more people are taken from this earth (to me before their time), but GOD is the ultimate time keeper and it ALL remains HIS plan, even when we do not understand. The old cliché saying about “You Never know what tomorrow holds” is so true. We cannot change our past, we are given today, but for tomorrow, we have no control. It is a lot easier said than done when there is crisis within a family, but I will admit on this journey with Mike, our family, our extended family and our friends are SO needed right now. We cherish all of our relationships and the encouragement we receive from you all! I know many of you are busy with your own goings on in life, but to make us even a little part of your thought during the day to us is priceless and we are forever grateful.

In closing, do not let an argument, a grudge or hard feelings keep you from telling someone you love them. I believe we do not always have to like who we love, but it does make it a lot easier sometimes. On this week of many memories, good and bad, I lift my glass to all who are fighting cancer, have lost their lives or have beat it! I lift my glasses to all the caregivers, families, friends, MD Anderson and ALL involved in the research and studies to rid the world of this disease!

I thank you GOD for all of your blessings. I sometimes stop and know that many times, it could have been my time…but you had bigger plans for me. Thank you for allowing me to touch others with my words and EVEN my Kart-Wheels ;) Thank you for the continued strength you provide Mike and I through this journey. Thank You LORD for believing in US!

XO Lyndie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE, as usual!!

LC said...

Thank YOU!! What a Year & As Always ALL Glory to GOD! Linds you are an inspiration as well -- Thank YOU!