Thursday, March 10, 2011

You Can’t Always Get What You WANT But You Get What You NEED




“The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available dynamic in its working - James 5:16”

I really love receiving these words from Joel Osteen daily. They are just the right pick-me-up and small enough to sit back and say “Thank You Lord” for providing me this for today!

Today it reads “God loves it when you come boldly to Him! When we pray with an attitude of faith and expectancy, it shows that we believe God and His Word and that opens the door for Him to move on our behalf.” How wonderful is that? It goes on to state “Scripture tells us to come to God with the faith of a child. It’s not that we have to beg Him, but our determination is an expression of our faith in His goodness. When we build our case with the Word of God, we are setting ourselves up to partake of His divine blessing.” Just as I stated in a previous blog, GOD does want us to ask and take advantage – The persistency only shows him that we believe so much in him to provide us with what we ask for and we trust he will continue to bless us with what we “NEED”, not always what we “WANT”.

I know I am completely “selfish” with GOD and I pray to him daily! I pray for it ALL! I know that I may not always get what “I want, But I for sure am provided UNCONDITIONALLY with what we need!” It HIS plan I must continue to remember…always!

Today I was approached by 2 women at the gas station passing out Church Tracks about being saved and finding the LORD. I graciously took the track and thanked her and proceeded to pump my gas. I noticed she went to a few other cars and they kindly declined the paperwork (and rightfully so, everyone has their own religion outlooks), but I did admire the women approaching everyone and not being afraid to profess their faith and speak of what GOD has done for them.

After I pumped my gas, I drove up to their car and she said, “I am glad you came back”, “I do not know you, but I have GOD telling me to keep you in my prayers”. I was floored and immediately had goose bumps. Any other time, I may have thought “Oh Goodness, ANYTHING to get me to visit your church or donate money”, but my views have changed so drastically in the past few months and my faith has become so strong, so I do not doubt anyone person GOD puts in my life for a reason!

I told her, “I appreciate this so much, and let me just let you know why.” I proceeded to tell her about Mike’s diagnosis, how he has come to the LORD, How we have grown stronger together and how we are truly blessed beyond our belief daily with all instances of our lives, and today being one by meeting her and her friend. I gave her my blog address and I hope she finds it and does read how awesome GOD has been in our lives and continues to be.

I will NEVER stop coming “BODLY” to GOD – whether it be small or large and for My husband to Be CANCER-Free along with other Family and Friends! I will not stop – I will continue to Claim Blessings from him. I will continue to praise him for all he has done and all he has planned for us!

In closing, do not be afraid to ask GOD for what you NEED, and even for what you WANT – GOD may just NEED you to have what you WANT!

XO Lyndie

1 comment:

C. Zampa said...

Amen to everything you said!
And what an awesome experience you had! Gave me chills, too!