Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Why? When? Where? What? How?




“For all of us…sometimes, in His orchestrated convergence of time and circumstance, He allows us to catch a small glimpse of understanding. Those moments are gifts to be treasured. But they are not a given – Lisa Whittle

Over the past few years I have become a fan of many blogs – Lisa Whittle being a new one added to my list. I love her view on all things.

Are there so many things that happen in life that we do not understand but yearn to? As a young child death is not something that I was too familiar with. I was fortunate to have both grandparents and great grandparents on both sides. My entire family I had available to me, I had not experienced anyone close to me pass until 2009 when my Grandfather went to be with The LORD. As I get older it seems more and more people I know or that are close to me are passing and though I yearn for understanding, I know that it is not always given and I am OK with this.

Not only is death something we yearn to understand or why it happens, but myself personally I yearn to know why many things happen. A friend of mine wrote today how her bed-time story with her little one has become more of a Q &A rather than bedtime. Ha! I can relate! My Hubby always laughs at me…I seek an explanation for it ALL! I was sheltered growing up and lack I suppose what they call “street smarts” and I am always inquiring as to why things are the way they are…why people are they way they are…why things happen the way they do. He is patient and if he has the answer, he is forthcoming and if not, he recites one of our favorite lines from Joe Dirt talking to Kickin’ Wing, “Well, duh, might as well ask why a tree is good? Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good?” Makes me laugh every time!

I suppose that we will never KNOW it all nor understand it. This is GOD’s plan and though I DO want to know it all at times…I am thankful I do not. It keeps me sheltered and allows me to live my life with happy heart. I noticed the harder I tried to figure it all out, figure everyone out, I lost sight of doing what GOD wants me to do and that is to work on me…focus on me. My husband and I are my first priority and we learn things about each other daily and are together figuring it out along the way. GOD does not want us to focus on what we have no control of. It will drive us nuts trying to understand others and the world around us. I realized this recently and I have been the happiest I have ever been re-focusing my energy on myself and husband. We are far from being perfect and never claim to be, but know who we are and will continue to be true to each other no matter what.

In closing, I have learned a valuable lesson recently…Do not empower the negative in your life by trying to understand or talking about it…instead pray. Pray not for the understanding of others or circumstances, but pray for peace and thank GOD for the “Glimpse of Understanding” that he does provide and thankful for all your still have yet to learn.

XO Lyndie

No comments: