Friday, March 11, 2011

Paying It Forward


“If you have much, give your wealth; if you have little, give your heart – Anonymous”

Well in my case, I do not have the wealth, but I do have a huge heart just as my husband.

A few months ago digging around in some storage, I came across a picture – a life size painting that I thought at the time was a painting of Old Downtown Houston. I immediately grabbed it and excitedly took it home to Mike since he grew up in the Downtown / Houston Heights area. After a little research and contacting the artist that signed his name on the back, I was told that the picture is indeed a portrait of Downtown, just not Houston…It is Fort Worth.

Still, I loved the painting and had yet to hang it up. I looked into it a little more and noticed a company name on the building, Tindall Storage. It is a storage company in Downtown Fort Worth that started over27 years ago in this warehouse district and built their ever-growing company to what it is now. Since this, the building has been sold and restored and due to Mr. Tindall, he with the help of his colleagues were able to save the building from being torn down to ensure the preservance of the historic building that once and still does mean so much to him and holds so many memories.

I contacted Mr. Tindall today and was excited to know that he remembered this building and though throughout his business years, there were some rewarding times and some hard times as well and all those memories lye within those walls of this historic warehouse district building. Once I spoke to him, I could hear the excitement in his voice as he described the relationship with this building. He remembers this painting actually being in the artist’s studio over 20 years ago and like even the artist who I spoke with as well, did not know what had happened to it. I shared my story with him as well and how Mike and I continue to be so blessed, and after talking with Mike about the painting, we were super excited to find someone that would cherish for the pure value of memories and not just for decorative value.

I feel in a small way this is another chance for GOD to place someone in our lives and share our journey with them, just as he shared his journey with me about this picture. Is it not amazing how much Over Time GOD is working in our lives right now? It is very cool!

In closing, today is a day of tragedy for all in Japan and on the other coastlines. Please continue to keep them in your ongoing prayers. I have spoke to a family friend of Mike’s that is currently in Japan – her and her family are doing well and she will update soon. Thank you all for continued prayers for Mike and myself as well – as you know and can see – THE PRAYERS ARE WORKING!!

Much love to you all and a happy weekend!!




Sunday Drive - Daniel Blagg

No comments: