Friday, March 4, 2011

HE Wants US Too Take Advantage




“To the lamp of love: may it burn brightest in the darkest hours and never flicker in the winds of trial - Author Unknown”

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope this email finds you all enjoying this first week of March! It has been extremely busy for us with work and being so fortunate to include the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo in our plans with our dear family and friends!

I was speaking to a friend yesterday and we were discussing about being taken advantage of and taking advantage of something yourself. I am so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends that allow me to take advantage of all aspects of their relationship. When in need, I no longer hesitate to call and ask for a shoulder to cry on, just a good laugh or anything that is needed at that particular time. The same goes for our family and friends. We are always here when someone needs us. Though we are going through a lot right now, I have confidence that GOD remains in complete control, so the worries are not as heavy and I am able to be there for you just as you are there for us.

A lot of people take advantage in the wrong ways though also. A friend posted recently “Never mistake my kindness for weakness” and so many times it seems that people do just this and take advantage in the wrong ways, and though we may show kindness and go above and beyond, people mistake it for weakness or insecurity when in fact, we are just striving to the best we can be to the ones we love just as GOD does for us.

Another great email I received today from ‘Today’s Word With Joel & Victoria’ read this “When you put God first, when you obey His commands, you open the door for His favor — YOU have the advantage for success! I have an advantage, GOD is in control of my destiny, He’s fighting my battles for me…He is my vindicator” After reading this, I know that GOD indeed DOES want us to take advantage of his kindness and that as long as he is put first, we will remain worthy of his rewards. As my friend stated and just as I assume GOD would feel also…do not mistake his blessings for anything else. They are just that. Gifts from him, that he feels you and I deserve.

As you all know GOD has truly worked wonders in Mike and I’s lives and the most recent has been the abundance of strength and courage he continues to provide us on this journey we are on. I trust completely that he is and will continue to be in complete control and I will take advantage of all his greatness daily! I will continue to embrace the miracles he works in our lives every day!

A couple of weeks ago, Mike and I were talking and he has felt really strong about providing his testimony thus far. He wants to reach out to others and let them know that though we see dark days and the uncertainty of this disease and with it, it is ever changing day to day, the one thing that does not and will not change is GOD’s love for us. Mike has really felt his presence on this journey as I hope you all have. Mike was approached a day ago and has been invited to attend a church of some friends of ours and provide his testimony to a large congregation – a diverse age group! When I heard this, I received chills through my body, knowing that ONLY GOD could have arranged this for him! I myself have been so blessed with the spreading of my emails and blogs that I continue to receive emails daily about how all we are going through has touched so many…I know the joy I receive from hearing this and I know for Mike to receive this news, he was over-joyed also for this to be his time to reach out and share with others!

In closing, as I stated in my previous email, Mike will undergo MRIs today and Sunday for Brain and Spine and receive a PET Scan on the 21st – we will then meet with our Oncologist to receive all updates and as always, we will continue to claim GRAND results that only GOD can provide!

Thank you all once again for all you do. Each one of you are such a special piece to Mike and I’s live and play such an important role – we are forever filled with gratitude and will always have a place in our hearts for you all!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend and many continued blessings throughout your day – DO Take Advantage!

XO Lyndie

1 comment:

C. Zampa said...

Enjoyed your words, Lyndie! Always. You're right. It's not weak to be there for others, and it's not weak to take help from others, either. It's the way life is supposed to be.

Bless you and Mike!