Tuesday, March 1, 2011

How Can Something Bother You, If YOU Don’t Allow It?




“Those who plan what is good find love and faithfulness - Proverbs 14:22”

Joel Osteen hits another one out of the park today! Just when I pray for a good word or some good advise, I open my email and “The Daily Word From Joel & Victoria” deliver!

Today’s Daily Word included this; “Today, don’t let the negative voices of the world steal your focus or get you off course. Don’t start planning for a bad day; choose to plan for good.” I feel so strongly about this, because it is SO very easy to wake up and allow one thing set you in the direction of a bad day. Something as simple as waking up and having your flat iron fizz out and leave you with uncontrollable frizz! Or even better, driving to work to only realize that half-way there you REALLY should have stopped and got gas last night and now you are stranded on I-10 waiting for Triple A to send someone to the rescue. Do not get me wrong, ALL these scenarios can set you off in the direction of allowing your day to be bad, but why let it? Luckily I was the one with the flat iron issue, and to my surprise, we were graced with a beautiful, humid-less 73 degree day – so my hair looks great! As for the running out of gas, this has not happened to me yet, but I know many it has, and in no time they were rescued, filled up and off to work…I know my lesson and will always now fill up on the way home or BEFORE my light comes on to avoid this!

You should allow yourself to wake each day and continue to be thankful. Though we all have things that happen that set us off, I find so much more peace in choosing my battles and not allowing the negative to consume me as I once did. I am a lot happier because of this, and my days are a lot more enjoyable! I will not advise to discredit the importance of these happenings and say that you should NEVER be upset, but allow yourself to take from these and plan for good and not bad – take these instances and rather than let yourself be trapped and weighed down with the negativity – rise above the adversity you are put in and trust that GOD will remain faithful as he always has and not place you in something he hasn’t already mapped out and planned just for you!

Today, if you have not already…take time, just a few minutes from what you are doing and thank GOD for his promises. If you are not receiving, you are not asking. GOD will not forsake us – believe me! Mike and I are living testimony of being led into the “troubled waters” to not bring us under, but to cleanse us ---- > “God brings men into deep waters, not to drown them, but to cleanse them - John Aughey”

XO Lyndie

No comments: