Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Somewhere Over The Rainbow




"A place where there isn't any trouble. Do you suppose there is such a place, Toto? There must be. It's not a place you can get to by a boat or a train. It's far, far away. Behind the moon, beyond the rain – Dorothy”

This quote gives me such chills. The Wizard of Oz, such a memorable movie I feel for anyone no matter where you are from. The Wizard of Oz is a magical place that lies within all of our dreams.

I am so thankful for the opportunity that MD Anderson has given me to share Mike and I’s journey with such a huge network. As I was creating my 2nd blog entry, I paused and prayed for the words to come to me. At that moment, I remembered a blog that I had entered on my own personal blog last year after Mike’s brain surgery. It referenced The Wizard of Oz and how I felt MD Anderson was such a comparison to this magical city. It went on to describe how when you first arrive, it is so overwhelming and huge, but yet you feel so completely at peace knowing you will be given everything you need especially courage. I though of how many people come to this amazing city and feel lost. I submitted my personal blog entry to them and they were in awe of how well it depicted MD Anderson, they said they must use it!

I have the link below to my 2nd entry with MD Anderson Cancer wise blog, which (because you know I can write a lot and go one for days) they broke it down into 2 entries that are up today and the other this coming Friday.

http://www2.mdanderson.org/cancerwise/2011/08/follow-the-yellow-brick-road.html

Thank you all for the overwhelming support you give me with my writing. It has been such a blessing to share our journey with you in a way that you yourself feel as though you are with us EVERY step of the way, side by side. In spirit we know you are…Mike remains to feel very good! He had a little concern this past week of a pinched nerve sensation in his lower back that was caused by lack of magnesium in his diet. We immediately (before knowing the cause) called his doctors and they brought him in for blood work and testing, All is good and he is now taking a magnesium supplement and is back at work  He remains to do really well with the mega chemo and has had little side effects, we continue to thank GOD and pray that it continues!

We remain thankful how GOD is using us on this journey to touch and inspire others. It reassures us everyday that us being chosen for this, IS GODs plan no doubt and all that happens is for his glory! We continue to thank you all for the love and encouragement you provide – it truly gets us through our days.

We wish that you are all doing well and staying cool through this torturous heat – Rain rain come our way!!

In closing, we continue to have so much gratitude for you ALL, our team of doctors, MD Anderson and our GOD above!!

XO Lyndie

No comments: