Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Lonely Road of Faith




“I could not say I believe. I know! I have had the experience of being gripped by something that is stronger than myself, something that people call GOD - Carl Jung”

As always my Inbox holds a message from Joel Osteen, and in all honesty I may have written about this before, but just recently I have had some major tests of faith, I have felt the Devil like the Big Bad Wolf in The Three Pigs, huffing and puffing just trying to blow our house down.

Today’s message goes on to read; “So often, people allow the opinions of others to hold them back and water down their dreams. We have to realize, there will always be critics and naysayers in life. One of the most important things you can learn is that other people don’t have to believe in you in order for your dreams to come to pass. Other people don’t set the limits for your life — you do. It’s not what others say about you that affects your life, but what you say and believe about yourself. When God puts a promise in your heart, it’s not up to other people to bring it to pass, it’s up to you! You don’t need everyone to validate you. You have to follow the voice of God for yourself and allow Him to order your steps.”

I was so thankful to receive this message. Although I stood my grounds when confronted about my faith and even once was told “I talk about GOD too much”, I not for one minute shadowed my faith in GOD. I in no way push my faith upon anyone and my beliefs. I share my views on Face Book, I post on my personal blog (which yes is open to the public) but you surely do not have to read or subscribe and I surely do not tell anyone at all what they SHOULD believe…I simply share my feelings on how I feel GOD continues to work in our life and heal my husband.

I feel it is too common in our society people feel embarrassed to be the odd man out, whether it be their political views, what they wear, what someone might think of their pasts, their views on the economy and especially their views on GOD. Now I will be the first to admit, I am not familiar enough with the Bible and have not read cover to cover, but I know in my heart what I feel and it is the complete presence of GOD working in our lives. I once said if it were the spirit of Michal Jackson healing my hubby and continuing to bless us beyond belief, I would surely praise that too.

I feel that we are individuals and as Paul was not afraid to stand up for what he believed no matter how much he was judged, I will not discredit my GOD and for what he has done for me. I see too often people (not all) seem to use GOD as a convienent store. You know, you really do not feel like going all the way to the groceries tore for those milk and eggs you forget and end up paying way over price just for the “convenience”, how about letting GOD be your Wal-Mart, your Target, your Costco – even when you don’t need ALL at once what he has to offer, GOD knows that while you are shopping, something may come up and you realize that you did need that dog food or cat food too.

In closing, if GOD is who you have your heart focused on, do not underplay what he does for you. As I always say, I will praise him for helping make my hubby Cancer Free just the same as I will for a good hair day! I stopped caring what people think of me a little while ago, as long as I know GOD knows my heart.

XO Lyndie

I dedicate this song to all who are going through something, anything right now…the road of complete faith can feel lonely sometimes, but GOD always has our back…

The Lonely Road of Faith - Kid Rock


No comments: