Thursday, August 18, 2011

I WILL Love You Through It






“He who has a why to live can bear almost any how - Friedrich Nietzsche”

You know as a fan of music, I feel I am always in search of the perfect song for any occasion. You know how it is, you have a song to remind you of your first kiss with your love, a song that reminds you of Summer days sitting on the back porch with your grandpa, a song that EVERY time it plays you chuckle just a bit remembering all the silly stuff you and your best friend did that last summer in high school. Agh, a sound of a familiar tune can almost instantly remind you of good times, bad times, sad times but always some point in your life…

I got an email from a dear friend today and she told me I HAD TO SEE Martina McBride’s new video --- ‘I will Love you Through it’, and how I must thank her from the bottom of my heart, I feel this is the BEST song for our current journey we are on. As a woman states in the opening of the video “when you are diagnosed with cancer, it effects all around you”, and this is so true. Though Mike is the one physically with the disease, it has affected me, our family, friends and all around us. During this time, I know by the Grace of GOD, with all of you in our lives, it is truly making a difference for the better. Mike’s mentality is so strong and so positive, and the love felt from you all is truly what is keeping us on the track of complete healing!

This song struck a cord with me, because until this journey I never realized how “common” cancer is and the fact that it really does not care if you are 89, 36 or even a young child. I still to this day never imagined my life like this, but as I have said and I know people think I am crazy, but I truly feel honored that GOD chose us for this journey. It has given us strengths beyond our comprehension, it has brought us closer together, and above all we have been re-united with family, friends and have brought new friendships into our lives. It has provided us an opportunity to be an inspiration to others, for others to inspire us, for us to become closer to our GOD.

Thank you Martina McBride for dedicating this song to ALL out there that are affected by cancer in one way or another, directly or indirectly. You have provided a song for our journey that will forever be hummed in our head and fine tuned in our hearts.

XO Lyndie


Martina Mc Bride --- I Will Love You Through It

No comments: