Monday, July 25, 2011

Just Plain WOW!




“And Jesus answered them, Truly I say to you, if you have faith (a firm relying trust) and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, Be taken up and cast into the sea, it will be done - Matthew 21:21”

Hi Everyone!

With this quote above and hitting my inbox at just this moment in the morning, I HAD to include it in my email. I truly feel that our mountain (Mike’s Cancer) is hearing our plea and soon will be set to sea!

First of all, I hope you all had a GREAT weekend! Mike and I did. He hit the water with the guys Saturday night while some girlfriends and I played Uno (That truly is the most fun game!) This was like no other though, it was SUPER TURBO Uno and with this little device, you just prayed when it was your turn to push the button that you weren’t torpedoed with UNO Cards – I think at one time, I had about 30 cards in my hand! Sunday we were able to spend some time with the nephews and take them to the Cinema Grill to see Cars 2 – I have to say, I do not believe I will ever enjoy a movie the same way unless I am at the Cinema Grill setting! Waiters, greasy delicious food and space enough to kick back and truly enjoy the movie – if you have not done this, then I advise you should – It was A LOT of Fun!

So onto the main reason for my email :) I had emailed a little while ago, that MD Anderson invited me to post a blog entry on their Cancer Wise website. I was beyond honored to be able to offer our journey to share with others in the MD Anderson Network and offer hope to others that are going through this now. Not only was I able to post this time, but I have been invited to share our journey continually for the following months – I am so ecstatic! I find it an honor to offer my emails and my own personal blog to others during this time, but to now be a part of MD’s Network – I praise GOD, for he is truly allowing this journey to do far more good than bad! I have the link here to the actual post, but encourage you to subscribe to the MD Anderson Cancer Wise Network – there are some truly amazing stories of others battling cancer, overcoming cancer and people that I have since been in contact with and now share our journeys together!

http://www2.mdanderson.org/cancerwise/2011/07/sunshine-and-rain---cartwheels-and-pain.html

ALSO, I am happy to announce, that I have steered my volunteer services for MD in a different direction. With my work schedule and for me to be Mike’s primary care giver, the scheduling just wasn’t in the cards for me at this time with physically being at MD…SO I will now offer my “gift of gab” and have my phone open for anyone who seeks comfort, an ear to cry on or just has questions about what to expect from this journey. Now I know all of our journeys are different and each Cancer like a snowflake is different in each patient, but we all do share this connection and yearn to speak with others that are going though this time. Mike and I are beyond blessed to have such a great support team in our family and friends, but sometimes to talk to someone on the outside that is experiencing what you are offers that extra outlet of support. I will be starting this soon in the next few weeks as soon as all my paperwork is filled out. Please keep me in your prayers, for I know I love to talk and do not feel I will fault in that aspect, but I truly want to be an inspiration to others and continue to use our journey for good!

Mike and as always thank you all for continued prayers and support! He remains to be feeling little to no side effects from the recent Mega-Chemo; in fact he had one bad day and was back at work the next day! GOD truly continues to work miracles in our lives and show himself to us daily in his actions – for this we know this journey is to glorify him and our continued praises will NOT go unheard!

In closing, if you are experiencing any rain or cool fronts where you are – please do not hesitate to send them our way ;) it is a VERY Hot Houston Summer and it does not look like there is a break in sight! But on the same note, our grass is finally green again and for that I am thankful!

Mike and I wish you all a wonderful week ahead and hope that you continue to take NOTHING for granted!

XO Lyndie

No comments: