Monday, August 15, 2011

Giving The F To Cancer




“What cancer does is, it forces you to focus, to prioritize, and you learn what's important. I mean, I don't sweat the small stuff. I used to get angry at cab drivers. It's not worth it.... And when somebody says you have cancer, you realize it's all small stuff. And if it weren't for the downside, everyone would want to have it. But there is a downside - American Morning, CNN, 13 June 2003”

Ain’t that the truth? There are sure a lot of downsides to Cancer, and though Mike is defying ALL the odds and being called a miracle, I would NEVER wish this disease upon anyone! I have chosen to use this disease for the positive and continue to strive to empower others no matter what adversity you are facing in your lives. I thank GOD for this ability daily and continue to pray that the strength stays within and Mike will one day be Cancer Free!

In saying all that, the truth is Cancer DOES Suck! I kept seeing an advertisement for personalized plates, and because it is in relation to the Texas Department of Public Safety, I had hoped that I could strive to get Mike the perfect anniversary gift this year --- it may not seem like a “celebration to some, because he still does have Cancer, but to have reached the 1 year mark and going strong in the way of defeating Cancer, I only felt the attached new license plate I got for his truck would say it all! I toiled back and forth the with idea, and prayed to not come off offensive, but I feel that with as horrible as this disease is, more people that not would get the message and the devil as well would see what our stand is!

Needless to say Mike being the man’s man, he was in awe of it and loved the message!! I just wanted to share with all of you as well – With cancer hitting both of our families quite hard this year, it is apparent that the Devil is striving to take us down…well (2) of our relatives are healed and cancer free, I feel Mike will be next and this only leaves hope for ALL others out there too!!

We wish you all a wonderful week ahead – it’s going to be a hot one here in Houston TX again! Much love to you all and thank you for continued support and encouragement through this time – the prayers are felt daily, the love is in the air!

XO Lyndie

No comments: