Wednesday, August 3, 2011

GOD Blessed Texas




"First He lit sunshine, Then He made the waters deep, Then He gave us moonlight, For all the world to see - Well everybody knows that the Lord works in mysterious ways, He took a rest then on the very next day --- God blessed Texas with His own hand, Brought down angels from the promised land – Little Texas”

Being from Texas, I am a little biased and really do feel we have the BEST state. I feel every state has “their thing”…you know, California has no humidity and beautiful beaches (with the way reality TV is booming, you guys aren’t the only ones anymore to have “famous” people ;). New York has The Statue of Liberty. ANYWHERE above, below and side to side of us have beautiful rolling hills. Florida, well you have Casey Anthony --- eeek! Just kidding! You too have beautiful beaches, actually some of the most gorgeous beaches. As I said, every state has it’s thing…and I used to think Texas was the Alamo, or simply the Battleship that lies in our harbor, or any of the MANY attractions that surround us from one state line to the other (oh and Galveston ;) but after being thrown head first into this miraculous journey, I truly believe that the country band ‘Little Texas’ had it all right from the beginning…yes, we do have some beautiful people (not all blessed with the ability to dance, like in the song) but Texas is TRULY blessed! Of all the places in the entire WORLD, GOD chose to place MD Anderson in the smack dab middle of Houston, TX – how Blessed it that?

As often as we frequent MDA, we meet people from ALL over the world…literally. The last time we were there we met a lady from Ukraine who had just got accepted and moved her entire family here to receive treatment…wow! I could not imagine making that sacrifice and Mike and I traveling half way across the world. Of course he is my love and BFF and if it had to be done, we would find a way! I felt so much strength from this little woman who obviously was torn with the decision, but she said that she KNEW MDA was the best place for her to receive treatment and she had no other option. Mike and I reside less than 15 minutes from this great place of MDA and for that we are truly grateful!

I truly feel that GOD knows from day one HIS plan for each of us. Heck, Mike was once talking of moving to Hawaii years ago, I yearned to move to LA – and low and behold, we are both here in Houston TX today and he is on his way to healing. For us, we feel this is a blessing because we do not have the funds to up and relocate or accommodate the traveling that it would have taken if we lived anywhere but here. I thank GOD everyday for this opportunity. Many laugh and even call me crazy for calling Cancer a blessing – but it is. This journey has brought Mike and I closer, we have developed stronger relationships with family and friends, we have mended fences and most important of all each of has become closer to GOD. Now granted, I would not wish Cancer upon anyone, but for us and OUR journey, I am comfortable knowing that this was ALL GODs plan.

So in ending – I used to be in awe of the Houston Downtown Skyline, but now my vision is on a whole new skyline – the one that outlines the sky above the Med Center. Thank you GOD for Blessing Texas SO BIG!

XO Lyndie

No comments: