Monday, June 27, 2011

God Doesn’t Call The Qualified – He Qualifies The Called




“Lord, I don't know why YOU want me to carry this thing. I can’t eat it, and it's awfully heavy. But if this is what YOU want me to do; I’ll carry it for YOU – The Ant”

Wow! Does GOD have awesome timing AGAIN!

It is no secret that I have missed Mike terribly during this time he has been gone, but I know he is in GREAT hands and surrounded by people who love him and are taking complete care of him, BUT we have never spent this much time away from each other, so it has been different. Another thing that has been affected is my sleeping. Mike and I have shared a bed for 4 ½ years now and it has been quite lonely falling asleep with out him laying next to me and waking up with me. Well I have been doing alright, but Sunday night I fell asleep early and around 2AM something startled me and woke me up from a good sleep. I had fallen asleep with the TV on and waking up at this time, there is nothing on but infomercials. I cannot stand the sound of chipper commercial voices when I am trying to go back to sleep, so I started flipping just praying I could easily fall back asleep, well GOD had other plans for me.

As I flipped, I did doze off for what felt like a good 4 hours, but nope it was only 30 minutes – I was woke up by a bad dream and so I once again just laid there. This time the channel had landed on a Christian channel and Joyce Meyers was speaking. I rolled over and closed my eyes as I drifted off; the topic she was speaking on was about Giving it ALL to GOD. Not a little, not just part but it ALL! As you know, I have over the course of this journey given it ALL, taken a little bit back, become overwhelmed and given it back and then maybe just try to take a little bit on then give it all back! I was able to doze off and with those thoughts in my head; I felt comfort and slept great! Just as I think I was entering a nice dream, the alarm clock went off and I just laid there almost in tears – I was still tired,(BUT I have been blessed with gift of a great job) and that reinstilled my happiness - I was ready to face the day. As I was getting ready to roll out of bed, TBN was still on and just as Dr. Creflo Dollar was starting his program. I have always loved his speaking and decided to cuddle a bit longer the wet-nosed kiddos and watch. Immediately I knew I had woke up, and NOT pushed snooze for a reason – GOD had a message for me. Dollar spoke of this AM about being chosen for a reason to be on the journeys we are on. To take these opportunities whatever the journey endures, to make sure that you continue to praise GOD, speak of him and all he has done – this will please him and your journey will continue to be blessed. Use this as an outlet to speak to and reach ALL you can with this journey you are on. WOW! I felt this was just for me, and as I have been using my blog and emails to reach others across the states and countries, I know by doing this I AM pleasing GOD and doing what he wants of me. As my day continues, I get to work check emails and there is one from my “Daily Word with Joel and Victoria” their message held this verse “Come close to God, and God will come close to you - James 4:8”. After reading this I continued to know that by coming closer to GOD through this journey, that we ARE doing exactly as he wants us to do.

After receiving all these messages within hours of each other I was feeling quite well about all that I have been sharing with everyone and continuing to maintain the “Attitude of Grattitude” (< ---- Thanks Shamra!) throughout this time. Just as I was about to start my day, I received a message in my inbox from a lady with whom I work with through PM, and she has been on this wild ride with us since day one. It was the most amazing short story I have read and I wanted to share with you today – it goes on to read:

The Ant and The Contact Lense

“Brenda was almost halfway to the top of the tremendous granite cliff. She was standing on a ledge where she was taking a breather during this, her first rock climb. As she rested there, the safety rope snapped against her eye and knocked out her contact lens. “Great”, she thought, “Here I am on a rock ledge, hundreds of feet from the bottom and hundreds of feet to the top of this cliff, and now my sight is blurry.” She looked and looked, hoping that somehow it had landed on the ledge. But it just wasn’t there. She felt the panic rising in her, so she began praying. She prayed for calm, and she prayed that she may find her contact lens.

When she got to the top, a friend examined her eye and her clothing for the lens, but it was not to be found. Although she was calm now that she was at the top, she was saddened because she could not clearly see across the range of mountains. She thought of the bible verse, “The eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth” She thought, “Lord, You can see all these mountains. You know every stone and leaf, and You know exactly where my contact lens is. Please help me.”

Later, when they had hiked down the trail to the bottom of the cliff they met another party of climbers just starting up the face of the cliff. One of them shouted out, “Hey, you guys…Anybody lose a contact lens?” Well, that would be startling enough, but you know why the climber saw it? An ant was moving slowly across a twig on the face of the rock, carrying it!

The story doesn’t end there. Brenda's father is a cartoonist. When she told him the incredible story of the ant, the prayer, and the contact lens, he drew a cartoon of an ant lugging that contact lens with the caption, “Lord, I don’t know why YOU want me to carry this thing. I can’t eat it, and it's awfully heavy. But if this is what YOU want me to do; I’ll carry it for You.”


I think this statement would do us all good to say often. For anytime in our life we feel we have been given a load and do not feel we can bare the weight. No matter what your circumstance is, it may be Family burdens, it may be financial troubles, it may even be troubles at work --- stop in the midst of your day and say this “God, I don’t know why You want me to carry this load. I can see no good in it and it's awfully heavy. But, if YOU want me to carry it, I will”.

I stopped and said this today and I feel so much better. Daily I am shown why this load was given to us and with all the good that continues to happen and the people we touch everyday, I am thankful for my load and will not feel defeated again – GOD has a plan as always and it is shown to me daily, piece by piece rather than days ahead – which ensures that my faith stays strong and me on my toes!!

In closing, I apologize for this long of an email, but the way that it all happened today, just when I needed to hear it, I couldn’t help but share --- I know GOD wouldn’t want it any other way!

XO Lyndie

No comments: