Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Do NOT Let The Cat Get YOUR Tongue!




“Pray for us, too, that God will give us many opportunities to speak about His mysterious plan concerning Christ. That is why I am here in chains - Colossians 4:3”

Hi Everyone!

I just got word Mike has landed in Florida and his “Trip of Complete Rejuvenation” has begun! I encouraged him to take this time and relax, enjoy the time allowed with family and DO NOT THINK ABOUT CANCER – I hope it is as easy as it sounds and with the views of the beautiful Ocean views and being miles away from MD Anderson, he will be able to accomplish this! As for me, he has instructed me to do the same – unfortunately I will not have gorgeous beaches to look at, so I will use my imagination ;)

I woke up this AM with an email I had mentioned a few emails back from a friend referencing the scriptures of Paul when he was in prison. He chose to use this circumstance and speak of GOD, continue to praise him and spread the word to ALL that would listen. As I went through emails this morning, I received a daily scripture speaking of the same exact message that my girlfriend had heard at church a couple of weeks ago.

As I write today, I cannot express how amazingly blessed Mike and I are. As we approach THE month. The month that we simply thought Mike was overcoming an infection of a Spider Bite. The month he visits his Doctor for a routine physical. The month that he was sent to get an MRI then boom – Cancer Diagnosis. As we approach this month with such mixed emotions, I am deciding to focus on ALL the good that has come from this journey in the short time we have been on it versus dwelling on the negative.

I feel in my heart, just as Paul that the praises we continue to give GOD and every opportunity we allow ourselves to speak of him and all he has done, does and continues to do he in return continues to bless us beyond belief and I know in my heart it is the reason Mike continues to do so well. On this journey, do not get me wrong, I have cussed my share at this disease, cried, screamed and allowed myself to get into a “funk”, but by doing this, I not only was depriving myself of GOD’s good graces, I deprived Mike as well as all others that continue to follow our journey and have an abundance of faith instilled for the journeys they have been placed on.
Each day, take the time to find the silver-lining of those dark clouds. I bet more than none that there is SOMETHING to be thankful for. I always giggle, because in the midst of any storm, I do strive to find that lining and in most cases – if you are familiar with the weather we have here in Houston, TX ---- I am thankful for a Good Hair Day! Find a reason for the good to surely outweigh the bad!

In closing, I know how tremendously hard GOD is working in our lives and I pray he is working just as hard in yours – before you seek out the negative, seek out the good and Praise GOD – even for the smallest, for I know MY GOD, he ALWAYS has something bigger and better in store!

XO Lyndie

PS – Please keep ALL that are being affected at this time with the raging wild fires here in Texas – It is so dry! Homes, land and businesses are being destroyed. We continue to pray for rain daily!

XO Lyndie

No comments: