Friday, June 24, 2011

So How Many Purses Will This Make?




Hi Everyone!

So, it is OFFICIALLY Summer now (as you can feel) and it is not slowing down! Our temperatures have reached record highs in Houston and at this moment we are Praising GOD for the rains we have received, that seem to have helped a great deal in putting this wildfires out. Granted there are still some places burning, we will continue to pray!

SO, you know how I am always sending pics of Mike and I along with Family and Friends enjoying our Sunny days on the water – and a lot of that time is spent on The Trinity River. Now I know this county is not near us BUT it is the Trinity and things DO swim. I have seen plenty of these guys (not this big) BUT oh wee – I am REALLY Never Ever getting in this water again after reading this article: http://www.leoncountytoday.com/news/2011-06-21/Front_Page/880_pound_gator_killed_on_Trinity_River_in_Leon_Co.html Ouchie wah wah!!
I am sure for the avid adventure seeker this would be an exciting article and the hunts will ensue, but not for this gal!

On a very exciting note, I received a call from our local Christian radio station here in Houston. I had a little while ago sent them an email with my blog address in hopes that they would add Mike to their prayer list, and you know me and detail, I wanted them to have the full grasp of how GOD has worked in our lives since his diagnosis and that we just are simply blessed. I suppose it struck a cord with one of the employees and I received a phone call letting me know they want to meet with Mike and I and share our story with everyone! WOW! How awesome is this? When I started the blog and even when I make my entries, I hope that I am touching others and offering inspiration for what they are going through in their lives. I hope to send the message that there IS a GOD and it is as simple as REALLY giving it all to him in all times! I do not know all the details of this yet, but the phone call made my day! The thought of reaching out to the city and over the internet with our message, I know is ONLY something GOD can make happen. All we do is to glorify him and what better way to continue to spread the word!

I wish you all a great weekend! Mike is still in FL having so much fun! He has been able to see all the family and spend quality time with each and everyone and I believe this was not “Just what the Dr Ordered”, but defiantly what GOD ordered!

XO Lyndie

No comments: