Wednesday, June 15, 2011

EVERY Day is Our Day!




“UP & Filled with MUCH Confidence for The Path Mike & I Continue to Be On --- We Are ALL Chosen By GOD To Journey Down OUR Chosen Path, & For The Times I Was Nervous For My Ability, I Am SO VERY Grateful That EACH Day I Am Instilled w/EXACTLY What I Need To Overcome Each & Every Day Given To Us – Lyndie Charnock (Face Book Status 6/15/2011)”

It has been a little while since I have really felt what I have felt after reading “Today’s Word with Joel & Victoria”. Don’t misunderstand, I get my daily email, but some days you just receive that one that hits home. Today’s reads:
“Instead of your shame you will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace you will rejoice in your inheritance. And so you will inherit a double portion in your land, and everlasting joy will be yours - (Isaiah 61:7, NIV).”

It goes on to read; “Are you going through a difficult time today? Let this word bring you encouragement, too. We serve a God who goes above and beyond our expectations. He wants to give you double for your trouble. He wants to bring you restoration and make things even better than before. If you are facing challenges today or going through a time of adversity, remember, it’s always darkest just before the dawn appears. Your days are destined to shine brighter because God is faithful. As you stay in faith and are obedient to His Word, you’ll receive double for your trouble and see God go above and beyond in every area of your life!”

I know and trust EVERY day that Mike and I were chosen to be on this path. Not only were we chosen to be on this path, but I believe with all my heart the two of us were brought together to travel down this path together. I had a friend email me the other day which reads the following:

“On Sunday, I was at church, and my pastor preached from the first chapter of Philippians. The subject of his sermon was “Opportunities that Overcome Obstacles”. The story was when Paul was under house arrest, for being a follower of Christ. In the 12th verse, Paul said that the things that had happened to him has helped him spread the Good News…and for that, he was grateful. I thought about you in a major way…this journey that you are sharing with Mike…my gosh Lyndie…has totally helped you spread the Good News. You could have very easily used it as an excuse to be bitter, but it would have been a mere obstacle. However, you chose to use this as a tool of opportunity, and it’s soooo beautiful. You have allowed your opportunity to overcome your obstacle. There is no doubt that you and Mike are, and will continue to be ok. Paul said that he was imprisoned because of Christ, and that people became more bold and gained confidence in telling others about Christ because of his imprisonment….the same is true here. God chose you and Mike for this journey, because He knew that it would be to the glorification of His Kingdom. Reading your blogs has helped me gain a confidence that I didn’t know I had.”

I was so touched by this email and again it just reconfirmed that Mike and I WERE chosen to be on this journey. I receive emails daily from Family, friends and people that I have never met who have been touched and inspired by Mike and myself. As in the email above, I could have easily chosen to take this obstacle as a chance to be bitter and dwell upon the negative of the hand we have been dealt, but I believe that GOD has bigger plans for Mike and myself. During our journey, people are giving their lives to Christ, they are reconfirming their faith and in the midst of the adversity they are going through, I have confidence they see through us that if you truly give it ALL to GOD and must praise him for ALL good and bad.

Many times I have tried to take it back from GOD and handle it myself and with doing that I felt that I had some sort of control of the future or I could even change what has already happened…well by doing that I found I brought on more stress and distress, and after all as I have said before “Mike and I are TOO Blessed to Be Stressed!”

As it reads in this daily entry from Joel, he reassures us that for the troubles we are going through now, we are sure to come out with many rewards, because that is what GOD wants and has planned for us. I trust with all my heart as long as we continue to give it ALL to him, stay faithful, I know he will grace us with many blessings and beyond which WILL include Mike’s healing from Cancer!

Today you may be facing adversity – not from disease, but from anything in your life that you feel you do not have control of and your peace has subsided at the moment – don’t be selfish, Give it to GOD – he wants IT and as I always say, He will ALWAYS have YOUR back!

In closing, I wish you all continued days, weeks, months and years of peace and many hopes for your faith to stay strong and focused on GOD above!

XOXO

No comments: