Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Book You Are Dying To Read May Have To Be Written By You




“There’s nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein - Walter Wellesley”

Hi Everyone!

I hope you all enjoyed a safe and fun Holiday weekend! Mike and I did! He made it home safely from Florida; we celebrated our 3 years of marriage and spent the 4th of July at his sister’s beach house celebrating with the nephews and friends. Mike remains in good spirits and though the high of his trip to Florida as worn off a little, the energy and rejuvenated spirit is sure in tact and we can’t wait to go back!

As you all know with my numerous emails, blogs and all the other outlets I have utilized singe Mike’s diagnosis, I LOVE to write. I don’t necessarily know that I could “write, write” like a novel or anything that did not have to do with “real life”, but when it comes to people I love (especially My Husband), our families and friends, I could write all day long! I started my blog a while ago, but really jumped back into it after Mike was diagnosed. It became really just what the title of it is “My Therapy”. Not only did it give me the chance to involve you all with every step, but it was also allowing me to take all that I have in me and by placing it on paper, it somehow became such a therapeutic experience for me, and since then I have just continued to write from my heart.

In saying all that, I have been reaching out to various outlets in hopes that someone will read my writing and feel that it would be a great tool of inspiration to others as well. Today I was emailed by MD Anderson. They have a networking newsletter that is called “Cancer Wise”. It is published online and emailed to all that sign up to receive. Every month they have all sorts of articles in relation to Cancer, MD Anderson and all else. They also offer a section for Cancer Patients, Caregivers and doctors to blog about various items and today they have asked ME to be apart of this!!! I am super stoked! I have (2) weeks till my first deadline. I spoke to the Communications Assistant this afternoon and she was a delight to talk to, and though I am nervous she reassured me just to continue to write from my heart that is all that is required. I am still awaiting a schedule with the local radio station but did receive a call from one of their broadcasters in relation to schedules and times for Mike and I!

I cannot relay how happy this makes my heart! The opportunity to reach beyond just my emails, my blogs and speak to others who may just need that special word at “that Moment”. I know it has happened to me plenty of times, and I feel that GOD is working and stirring in our lives to make all this happen so that we can ensure all the praise and glory continue to go to him.

As I always close my emails, I want to continue to thank you all for EVERY ounce of support, encouragement, prayers, lifted-spirits that we receive on a daily basis. With GOD and ALL of you, Mike and I are stronger for each day that goes by and each morning that we awake! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

XO Lyndie

PS – Mike this month will be undergoing Brain / Spine MRIs, Chemo for The Lung & Spine – Please continue pray for minimal side effects – for he has done so well and we know each day holds a new journey, but we remain confident and faithful that he will stay tight on the one we are on today!

No comments: