Monday, June 13, 2011

Fear Can Keep Us Up All Night Long BUT Faith Makes One Fine Pillow!




“He who has a why to live can bear almost any how - Friedrich Nietzsche”

Well it has been an emotional past few days. Kade Kothman, a friend of Mike’s who he met a little while ago at MD Anderson (in fact his very first Friend at MD) has passed and went onto walk the streets of Heaven. As I had reported Kade left MD Anderson with Hospice to be home with his family. It was heartbreaking, but his family remained and still remains faithful in knowing that GOD used Kade here on Earth to touch and inspire many (including Mike and I) and he will be greatly missed, but know he is watching down on us all from behind those pearly gates. RIP Kade – The TRUE Urban Cowboy!

With Mike’s delay in getting his MRIs complete, we did not have the results at the usual time when we met with Dr. Groves, so we had to wait just a little while. Well it was worth the wait, because just today it is reported that not ONLY does Mike’s Spinal Fluid and Brain remain Cancer Free – But the lesions he had on his Spinal Bone (in previous emails and reports) is shrinking and healing as well! There are SURE signs of the Treatment working and the Cancer shrinking along with his Bones healing --- PRAISE GOD!

He will undergo his Mega-Chemo this Wednesday. We pray for continue minimal side effects and for the usually effects that take place a few days after treatment to subside and he continue to feel good as he heads off to Florida for 12 Days! As I mentioned in previous emails, I am going to miss the mess out of him, I know this trip will be so therapeutic for him and offer complete soul rejuvenation! For me, I know the break will be good for me also but it will not make it any easier – BUT I will have COMPLETE control of the TV and ALL my Shows – ha-ha!

Mike and I spent the weekend laying low and just relaxing with the dogs and even hit the neighborhood pool! As we were sitting there soaking in the rays, he looked over at me and said “Lyndie, I feel GREAT! I just am feeling so good!” Hearing this makes my heart soar with excitement and brings such joy! We have good days and bad days BUT because of GOD our good days have FAR Outweighed the bad!

As always to you ALL, we continue to thank you for all your prayers – we feel them daily and -because of them Mike continues to stay strong and confident that he WILL be Cancer FREE! He has claimed it along with Me and many others! GOD continues to grace us daily in so many ways and though this journey isn’t over, we have much peace.

XO Lyndie

No comments: