Friday, May 27, 2011

After Brain Surgery – Nothing Scares Me!




“When you treat a disease, first treat the mind - Chen Jen”

Hey ALL!

Well today was another monumental milestone in Mike’s Journey! He now has a picline which will be VERY beneficial to the treatment he receives and give those poor veins a rest.

I have to admit, we were both very nervous about what he was about to undergo, but with such kind words and warm thoughts sent by all (and even very encouraging words from people who have underwent this procedure) our nerves were calm and became steel once again!

The procedure wasn’t as complicated as we had led ourselves to believe, and with a great RN administering it, Mike was relaxed, we both were until the paperwork started flying! Aye! As Mike laid there rested and calm, I broke out with major anxiety and became flush! I have prayed for strength throughout this journey and have been given it, but have not yet really had to provide Mike with any physical care as a nurse would – eeek! (Well other than my awesome back rubs ;) After breathing into the brown bag a few times, I was calm and was able to absorb all the information and I feel very confident I will be the best darn home nurse EVER!

MD Anderson does require us to take 2 classes to ensure we know what we are doing, which is A-OK with me! I realize this is something so common and the procedure is done several times a-day, but I just have to remain confident in myself that I will do great and if Mike is not careful, I might just decide to bedazzle the darn thing!

On a REAL Fun Note (And For ALL The FL Family), Mike will be headed your way at the end of June! He is looking so forward to this trip and as his wife, my heart could not be happier that he is able to take this trip! A trip to rejuvenate his soul and visit with his FL family! With this being a huge year full of ups and downs including all arounds, this trip is much needed and I bet you all in FL are looking forward to seeing him and hearing all about how he got that scar on his head --- Can you believe he is still telling people he was wrestling a shark! (haha!)

In closing, Family and Friends, we continue to thank you all for your kind thoughts, encouraging words, uplifting emails and just the time you take out of your day to put Mike in your prayers --- As I always say and it remains true ---- They are ALL felt!!

Mike and I wish you a very Happy and Safe Memorial Day weekend with loved ones! Don’t forget to thank a solider or even hug one if you see he/she!

XOXO Lyndie

No comments: