Thursday, May 5, 2011

Kade - The MD Anderson Urban Cowboy




The value of consistent prayer is not that HE will hear us, but that we will hear HIM - William McGill”

I am thankful for all the people Mike and I meet when we visit MD Anderson. We meet people with stories of triumph over Cancer, we meet people with heart-breaking stories but with everyone we meet, we all share the same thing – faith. No matter the circumstance that has brought them to MD Anderson, we have been blessed to meet such people with amazing faith during these times that are so painful for many.

Kade is no different. We met Kade while Mike was in the hospital a few months back. They instantly hit it off due to them sharing the same scars (which they both underwent brain surgery to remove tumors). Kade was a character right off the bat and in him I sensed a little of my hubby as well. A man larger than life, yet so vulnerable at the time due to the battle of Cancer. He and Mike are a lot alike as well in the fact they are just good ole’ southern boys and “Ain't no surgery going to keep us down and surely aunt no Cancer going to defeat me!”

There many many times with Kade at the hospital was his cousin Lisa. More like a sister I would have to describe her. The amount of love and dedication that Lisa provides under the most heated moments (the meds that they have you on are horrible and cause for HUGE mood swings). Lisa always is such a shining spirit and very striking in her beauty – but along with that, she is a true angel brought her to be with Kade during this time. Unfortunately we were not able to meet more of Kade’s family, but I can imagine they are all just the same in heart and soul.

I have maintained contact with Lisa often. We email and message often upon a victorious visit to MD Anderson and always praising GOD for the journey he has placed us on and know that he continues to abide by HIS plan. Lisa like myself is very strong in her faith and I feel has been a true strong hold for her family during this time. With the ups and downs and the ever changing days of this disease, Lisa has maintained and remains strong – I have much admiration for her and thankful to call her a friend.

As of last Friday, Kade has been in ICU at MD Anderson. They believe he suffered what mimics a stroke. Lisa messaged me this AM and informed me that Kade will be leaving MD tomorrow with Hospice. The family is devastated but remain faithful and know that “GOD is continuing to control this ride” as Lisa said. Though it is reality, I never like to hear the timeline of anyone once they reach the hospice stage, because I know that GOD will have the final decision of Kade’s time here on Earth as he does for us all.

In closing, I ask all Family and Friends of Mike and I and others that have joined us on this journey since Mike’s diagnosis to please take a moment and please lift Kade, his family and all that know him up in your prayers today and everyday. As you have witnessed, the power of prayer does work and continues to be working in our lives.

I hate that Cancer is what brought us to know Kade and his family, but I am also thankful to have such wonderful people to share this journey with us as we have shared their journey with them.

I thank you all for every prayer, message, phone call, email and all other ways of communication that you use – We greatly appreciate it beyond belief and remain blessed to have you in our lives.

XO Lyndie

No comments: