Thursday, May 19, 2011

A FUN Encounter




Hi All!

You know we all have our guilty pleasures, and today for my Birthday lunch, Kristie treated me to one of my favs – Carrabba’s!

Anyhow, me being the outspoken one, recognized Johnny Carrabba, but not as him, I thought he was someone else…so I waved and he immediately came to our table. I then froze internally because I thought “Oh shoot, now I recognize him and I don’t know what to say”, so I immediately remembered Mike’s company Dixie has their account and Mike has done personal work for them at their residence, so I just said, “Mike Charnock wanted me to tell you hi!”…

He knew exactly who Mike was and said to say hello as well. I a few minutes later got up to use the ladies room, and he pulled me aside and said that he wanted to let me know that Mike remains in his prayers along with his families too. He had not wanted to intrude our lunch to offer his sentiments due to him not knowing how personal the situation was. I quickly thanked him and updated him. He went on to say what a great guy Mike is and such a good spirit and he is thankful to know him – and has been following my updates all this time, forwarded by someone at his Mike’s office…

I was really touched and just humbled for a man of that magnitude, to say such nice things and about my Hubby – I was proud J

Needless to say, it was an amazing encounter and he is just a really nice man! We will for sure continue our service with them for years to come and now have a special memory!

Thanks for letting me share – I was just excited :)

No comments: