Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The TRUE Jack of ALL Trades – Happy Mother’s Day!




“A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie - Tenneva Jordan”

I searched for the “perfect” Mother’s Day tribute quote and as I came across this one, it so reminded me of my own mother and reminded me of many mothers that I have as family or friends.

Growing up in a single parent home, my mother was all I had and all I knew. When I was hungry she made me a hot meal. When the car broke down she was the one to repair it. When I hurt myself she was the one with the loving touch that only a mother could provide to make any bruise or cut feel better within seconds. My mother was a true “Jack of ALL Trades”. She was a mother, a father and a friend. A mother cannot be completely defined. I myself can only attach the word extraordinary to all the mothers that I know including the one of my own.

If you are a person to have both a mother and father in your household and still to this day, cherish those relationships with each parent. My mother was all I knew growing up and was all I had. She made several sacrifices for me growing up, some that I am aware of and MANY that I never knew until I got older and understood. I do not know of any mother that does not make daily sacrifices for the ones they love. It is a trait that does not come with a handbook, no instructions it happens the minute that a mother hold’s that newborn baby in their arms.

I wanted to take this time to thank you all, my mother and all mothers that are reading this. Once you enter Motherhood you surely cannot turn back, and from all of us “children”, we are grateful!!

This Mother’s Day as hard as it may be, because you are in the mindset of helping all around you, please take time for yourself. If it’s a hot bath, a massage or even indulging in a cup of sweet tea on the back porch while reading your favorite book please make it happen – YOU deserve it!

Wishing You ALL a Wonderful Mother’s Day with loved ones.

XO Lyndie

1 comment:

C. Zampa said...

I loved your post, Boong! If I was going to have to raise a child alone, then I'm glad it was YOU. But, then, I'm blessed to have you as my daughter, no matter whether it had been a a single parent or with a husband. You rock.

Hugs and love, daughter. And, by the way, you're proving to be a much stronger woman than I ever dreamed of being!