Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I Think I Can, I Think I Can --- I KNOW I Can!




“If Children Have the Ability to Ignore All Odds and Percentages, Then Maybe We Can All Learn from Them. When You Think About It, What Other Choice Is There But to Hope? We Have Two Options, Medically and Emotionally: Give Up, or Fight Like Hell - Lance Armstrong”

Hi Everyone!

We Hope you all are doing well – It is OFICIALLY February and in Houston Texas we are breaking out our parkas and possibly snow boots this week!!

This is just a short email to thank you all for continued prayers in ALL aspects of my life that I have requested. I am in awe daily of the people that GOD continues to put into our lives and thankful for some that he must take out.

The quote above, I came across and thought it to be very true and powerful. Through this journey that we are on the path of (that was chosen for us years and years before we can even imagine) I continue to know that each day I can really make a difference. I know sometimes I am repetitious in my emails, but I feel it helps me and sometimes may help you also to know that as Lance says, “We Can Give Up or Fight Like Hell” I chose to continue to fight like hell and know that the ONLY choice I do have and the ONLY choice that continues to provide me sanity is HOPE!

Just this past year, not only has Mike been diagnosed with Cancer, but a few of my family and close friends as well. Amongst all of this going on, I continue to know that though we do not understand why we are given the obstacles in our life, “We Can Give Up or Fight Like Hell”. I feel this can be attached to any aspect of our lives. Whether you are facing a life threghtening disease. Whether you are struggling with your finances. Whether you are experiencing struggles with your work or marriage, what other choice is there BUT to Hope?

Mike and I receive so many emails and messages daily from people all over, near and far, friends and strangers. With each message we receive, gain more power and strength to look the Devil in the eye and remind him of who is ultimately in charge --- GOD! I hope that with the struggles you are facing (if any) you can do the same.

I have below a few names that I would like to continue to add to my prayer request list. You all are such Powerful Prayer Warriors, and I know with each prayer we continue to ALL be lifted up above our adversities and we lean more towards “Fighting Like Hell and NOT Giving Up”

Julie H. – Follicular Lympoma
James H. – Throat Cancer
Amanda K. – Her Mother is being tested for possible re-accuring throat cancer.
Brandy C. – Her Mother has just received a good report – Cancer Free! Praying for Continued good results in 6 months!
Autumn H. – Her Cousin Donny was just diagnosed with Cancer.
Rika D. – Please continue to keep her Mother in your prayers, Fighting Diabetes.
Kenny G. – Recovering from a Major Heart Attack – Underwent Triple By-Bass.
Lindsey A. – Praying for Her Brother Eric
Marissa M. – Her Dear Sweet daughter Avery. Just underwent surgery and starting dialasis for her kidneys.
Angelique H. – Prayers for Personal growth while moving forward with a lot of life changes and starting a new job after being a housewife for 13 years!! You go girl!

I know there are many others and if you have a request, please do not hesitate to send them so I can add them and continue to pass them on.

I feel we all are capable of facing our daily trials with the attitude of “I Think I Can, I Think I Can” and in the end when we overcome all of these adversities, we can shout with joy (as The Little Engine That Could) did and say “I Thought I Could, I Thought I Could!”

In closing, thank you ALL for Everything! Mike and I continue to be blessed beyond our wildest expectations and know that with our faithful hearts and trustful souls, “We KNOW we Can, We Know We Can!” conquer ANY-thing that comes our way!!!

Till next time – Mike continues to do well with his current treatment. He maintains a good appetite and has started to go back to work (part-time) and maintains a good attitude knowing that the healing continues!! The month of February remains low-key for him with only a couple of chemo treatments. March is the busy month with MRI’s and Dr’s follow-ups – We will continue to CLAIM good results at EVERY visit!

XO Lyndie

No comments: