Sunday, February 13, 2011

Can I Be MINE?




“For You See Each Day I Love You More Today More Than Yesterday And Less Than Tomorrow - Rosemonde Gerard”

As I sit here today, I reflect on the real meaning of Valentine’s Day. Well I take that back. I reflect on the real meaning of this day to me.

I have lived, I have laughed and I have loved. This day, February 13, 2011, I am in love not only with the man that you have come to know as my husband, but I am in love with myself.

Have you ever noticed (and I myself have noticed ever since it was brought to my attention years ago) that when we as women complement one another, we respond with a statement of some sort rather than a simple thank you. June tells Sally “I Love that shirt on you – what a beautiful color”. Sally responds “Oh this old, thing? I got it on sale at Sears years ago! I always thought it made me look fat!” See rather than a simple, “Thank you. Yes this is one of my favorites!” it is easier to NOT receive the compliment. I honestly have no explanation from this other than it is just a “woman” thing, just as men scratch themselves in public with no shame. I suppose my point is, when this was pointed out to me, I really have tried to change my response when I receive compliments, and I quickly respond with a thank you.

This Valentine’s Day not only have I learned to love and appreciate everyone around me, I have learned to love myself and know that I deserve this – to love myself. It feels so good.

In the past couple of weeks, I have felt myself depending on others to fulfill this “love” so to speak. Don’t get me wrong, my husband fulfills my “Love tank” < --- Thank you Vicki from Real HW OC. Yet I felt myself yearning for love from others. Love from people who possibly did not particularly want my love. In that time trying to fulfill others I felt myself losing the drive to love myself. I know now that was not good and not healthy.

I have had a reconnection with myself in the past few days that is unbelievable and it is something that I encourage everyone to do!

I am wishing you all a wonderful week ahead and a fabulous Valentine’s Day tomorrow. Whether you are spending with a loved one or many --- please take time to embrace yourself. Take time to love the person you have become. Take time to reflect on the love that ONLY you can offer YOU.

XO Lyndie

No comments: