Thursday, February 24, 2011

I Got A Little Change In My Pocket Going Jangle Langa Lang




Hi Everyone!

I have something fun and possibly lucky for your pocket books if you qualify! Last night I was watching the news (which doesn’t happen a lot, because there is so much sadness) I’d rather just stick to my “reality” shows. Anyhow, I was watching last night and I just happen to catch Emily Akin come one. She always intrigues me with her investigation and all her volunteers who remind me of my dear grandmother answering the phones to rescue a consumer in need that has been wronged by “The Man”.

As I watched, automatically the title “Unclaimed Money” caught my attention. I woke up from me drowsy sleep and turned up the volume. She went on to say that over the years there have been many website that have offered to provide the consumer with access to unclaimed money, but with a cost. I do remember a site like this, and once I found out I was getting something back and went to submit my info, it asked me for a credit card number, and I declined…pay to retrieve My OWN money? Well her report had the same twist, but it is a government website and the money you find (if any) that you have unclaimed, is yours clear and free!

It is so simple. Navigate your way to the following website http://www.window.state.tx.us/up/, and follow the instructions. A few things you have to prepare for such as, the property being claimed has an address attached, and before you can retrieve your money, you must submit something showing proof that you once habited that address. Luckily I had my high school transcript and I quickly filled out the form, printed it out with my ID and info and sent it off. I am only getting back $55.00, but hey, it’s $55.00 I did not have before!

It states on the website that it can take up to 30-90 days for the return of a check to you, but I have had several friends who have done this and they received money within 2 weeks.

I hope you are able to log onto the website and find you have some unclaimed money – it will be extra money to treat yourself to a nice dinner, pay a bill or even that cute pair of shoes you have been wanting!

Happy Money Claiming Everyone!

XO Lyndie

1 comment:

C. Zampa said...

Grrrrr...I went to the site, but, alas, they have no money for me! LOL...Cool site, though! And congratulations for finding the lost money!