Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bite Your Tongue!




“The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit - Proverbs 18:21”

“Every word we speak is a seed. We are constantly planting those seeds that when we speak words of life and blessing, we will see life and blessing in the future. When we speak words of defeat and failure, those seeds produce defeat and failure. It’s that simple. The life you are living today is the harvest from the seeds you planted in your past; and today, you are planting seeds for your future. God has given you the power to change your future! You can begin, right now, to plant seeds of blessing, strength, victory and joy for your future. If you’ll be proactive and consistently declare the Word of God, even if it’s just five minutes a day, you are setting yourself up for victory, freedom and blessing. “ – Exert From Today’s Word With Joel & Victoria

Hi Everyone!

It never ceases to amaze how GOD always places the right words in my life – in OUR life when we need it. I always try to provide my emails with the most positive and uplifting words, though sometimes the days are cloudy – I must continue to have sunshine in my heart!

I just wanted to send a short note to update every one of Mike and all of us in Houston TX. This month thus far has been low-key for Mike and MD Anderson but we are about to kick it off in a few weeks with Chemo and some updated MRI’s of the Brain and Spine and Doctors visits. We will continue to keep you all posted as to the report outcomes (as always). Mike remains to feel good, a little tired at times, but is back to work part-time and looking good! He has lost a lot of the weight that he gained with the steroids a few months back and he is feeling so much better because of that. He maintains a healthy appetite and is getting ready for the Spring time – the Bass are already quivering!

As for all else, the family is well and we are all just staying busy and getting ready for whatever comes our way! Our nephews all started swimming for the year – and Uncle Mike reports they are going to do great! Travis is already playing Basket Ball and he is oh so good! He has the tall gene advantage and seems to really be into it and playing like a pro! Uncle Mike and I have been to a couple of games and it is so fun to cheer on Travis and all the players! Maggie has signed up Trevor and William for T-Ball this year as well – We cannot wait till these games start --- She has true All-Stars on her hands and it is a true joy to watch them all grow! Speaking of William – I have attached a link for his debut in this year’s Down Syndrome Association Calendar! We are so proud of him – he is posing for February and December!! I am sure Maggie has sent you your own calendar, but if not, follow the link and get your own – it is for a great cause and (cough cough) our nephew of course is our reason!!! http://www.dsah.org/N_Gift_Shop.htm. Oh and before I forget – My Mom, over the years has become an avid writer and has just had her first E-Book published!! It is a short story, a Novella, and will be hitting the E-Book Stores in the next month! Congratulations Mom!!

I myself and registered for school and really excited to expand my education. I have not decided yet what I want to pursue my degree in, but I am meeting with a counselor in two weeks to lay it all out for me and introduce me to the “college life” (w/o the Keggers and Frat parties ;) I also will be FINALLY taking my Real Estate License exam soon to get that under my belt. I have completed all my classes, just need to take the test (again)…for this I am really excited!

I cannot believe it is already the 2nd week in February – We continue to thank you all for your support, kind words, messages, phone calls and texts – They continue to lift us up daily beyond belief and it truly is what gets us through our days. I wish you all also to continue in your own lives, any battles you are facing, and any struggles that seem impossible to tackle – remember how powerful the tongue is. Use it for good and not evil. Continue to “to plant seeds of blessing, strength, victory and joy for your future”.
Till next time, please stay warm (especially here in TX) they say we have another freeze coming our way – REALLY??? I am so ready for some shorts, sundresses and flip flops and that golden tan!

XO Lyndie

No comments: