Thursday, October 14, 2010

Why Hello Mr. President




OK OK OK -- For those of you who know me -- I am NOT Political at ALL! The most political I get is purchasing the latest issue of PEOPLE Magazine to see what the Michelle Obama is wearing or watching a History Channel special on JFK. I know I know, maybe I should be more political...I suppose -- BUT I will not even go there. I'd almost rather see my Favorite TRASH-ality stars running to fill that Oval Office, you know, Brett Michael's (I'm sure that Rock of Love Bus would look great in front of the White House) and maybe Flava-Flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaav! (All of the White House staff might look great sportin a HUGE Clock around their necks) oh or better yet my ALL time FAVORITE Chef Ramsey -- He would for sure shape all those "Bloody Goats" into order and have that White House running right :)

But not the case and will never be, so for now I will continue to watch the news, try to understand the politics, be criticized by those who think I should know it and hope that one day maybe someone will actually vote Kinky Friedman or The Naked Cowboy into the Office...

Anyhow, the point of this blog, though I am NOT political, I do have a place in my heart for George Bush Sr. -- I always have. So as I went along at work today doing what I do, I got a call from the Security Desk informing me that The President, The President Bush Sr. wanted to meet me!!! Hahaha!!! Kidding!!!!!!!!! But I did get a call saying that he was making his way down from a lunch meeting and I could get a pic!! Whoopie I was excited!

It was the most amazing experience ever -- (other than the night that I met My Husband -- that was unforgettable) but this was almost as amazing! So I get the call, I head downstairs and wait...and then it happened...the elevator doors opened and out walked Mr. Bush!

He was so very polite, very Southern and though he is older now and walking with a limp, he is still full of spunk and was cracking jokes...I was in complete awe! Myself along with the others that I work with spoke with him for a few minutes as he talked about heading off to College Station and he will be here soon again. We walked him to his car (along with a few Secret Service Personnel) said our goodbyes and off he went.

This is a day I will never forget! I can't explain the experience, especially not being a political person, but all I can say is I would for sure have chosen George over ANY BRAVO Housewife ;)



2 comments:

C. Zampa said...

Oh, this is SOOO cool! What an experience! And what an experience for him to get to meet such a pretty lady, too!

I love it!

Unknown said...

THAT is soooo awesome.... I woulda been star struck and speechless!