Friday, October 29, 2010

Not Just LIP Service



And that is exactly what you WILL NOT get when you meet Gayla Bentley!! She is everything you read about, all that you saw on TV, and I had the pleasure of meeting her today for lunch at our building.

My Boss and I met Gayla a few weeks back and immediately Renee’ recognized her from ABC’s ‘The Shark Tank’. She was the winner in 2009. Her and Renee’ immediately clicked as they had 3 things in common – Sass, Red Nails & The Signature Red Lips! I was truly excited when Renee’ pulled me aside to meet her and we were informed she was hosting a L.I.P.S. fashion show at our building – if you know anything about her and her wonderful creations and empire, you would be excited too (especially if you LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Fashion!) That day alone, I was thrilled to have met her and leave it at that and always know that I had met her and keep that with me forever!

A few days later, we received an invite to her fashion show that was being held at our building and she would love for us to be her guests! How fun is that! I was like a little kid. Not to be redundant, but as I always say I LOVE my celebrities, and I am sure if Brett Michaels or Chef Ramsey showed up at our building for whatever reason, I would be completely impressed – but for some reason, to know the background of Gayla and the trials she overcame to be where she is today and become so successful ---- AND be a local Houstonian, I was a lot more in awe!

Today was a blast! We attended the show where lunch was served while watching some amazing designs were modeled before us. Gorgeous and very sheik designs – tailored for ALL sizes and very affordable! It was a pure treat, just wishing I had a few more dollars to spend, but if I would have bought one, I would have bought them ALL!

When the show was over, it was so touching to have Gayla and her Mom (who has overcome major hurdles too in her lifetime she shared with us) is in good health and walked down the runway with Gayla as we all applauded. Gayla after some photos were taken and I stalked her completely to get some pics, she greeted every guest in that room. I did not see one person she did not go up and personally thank for being there and showing support – there was not a stranger in that room to her. I was impressed and touched once again!

As the show was over, we browsed her collection and got to talk in detail with her and it was quite a treat! She is an amazing woman that had a dream and fully took a hold of the reins and control of the vision and today is so very successful and sought after by many!

Today, yet another day is one I will remember. Another day that I will be thankful for that I was given this opportunity! GOD truly opens doors daily, and after meeting Gayla and hearing her story today, GOD is very apparent in her life yesterday, today and forever!

XOXO Lyndie

I’ve attached a news story of Gayla, Her Shark Tank Winning Moment and her website – check it out if you have a moment!

Gayla Website --- http://www.gaylabentley.com/

Gayla on The News --- http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/play/933754/part_1_stories_of_millionaire_women?cpt=8&wpid=4999

Gayla on Shark Tank --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyQu0SCEnkc&feature=fvw






No comments: