Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Trick-OR-Treat, Smell My Feet



Hi Everyone!

Can you believe it is ALREADY the end of October? The Holidays are around the corner! Oh my, what a year it has been! And though it has been a year of some heartache and in most eyes, dilemmas or despair…it has ALSO been a year of much growth for us all, including Mike and I.

I have this past year become so much stronger in my faith. I remind myself that I always have had it, but I know over the years though I have it, I don’t think I have trusted in it as much as I have this year. I have redeveloped my own relationship with GOD, became closer to him, continue to grow closer to him and through this journey, have had many people reach out to me and confide that through our journey, they too have in their own lives reached out to GOD and have given their troubles and any issues whether it be financial, health, relationships, work, etc…they too have turned these things over to GOD and have started to allow him to work in their lives as ONLY he can.

It has been a week or so since I last updated, so I wanted to take a moment to send out what is happening here in our “neck of the woods”. With (1) Full Brain Radiation and (2) chemo treatments under his belt, Mike continues to feel good. We of course did not know what to expect and as always prepared for anything and after all the warnings we were given that could come along with chemo, Mike has been very fortunate and only had minimal side effects. He has continued to feel tired, not completely weak to the point of not wanting to get out of bed, just tiring easily depending all upon what his day involves. He has experienced off and on headaches which come and go and sometimes depends on what he has done also through his day and now that the World Series is here, I hope they don’t become regular with him stressing over The Rangers – haha! He will undergo his next Lung Chemo on November 3 and Spinal Chemo on November 13th. Please continue to pray that these treatments also provide minimal side effects and he remains strong through the holidays and beyond.

As for him physically, he has stayed pretty active and I feel it has been great for him. Mari, a childhood friend of Maggie’s & Mike’s came down for a stay this past week and the three of them escaped to The Beach house for a few days. Mike was able to fish, do a little shopping, eat A LOT of good food and relax. We were able to visit with family over the weekend and in between get some rest and backyard dog time in with the “wet-nosed” kiddos. Granted there are days where he doesn’t really want to do a WHOLE LOT and lounging on the couch watching Judge Judy and Wendy Williams (shhhh. He is a closet fan!) < ----- It has taken a few years, but I catch him watching my reality shows ;) But the majority of days he wakes up, thanks GOD for another day and remains in good spirits and continues to stay in battle mode against the Devil and this Disease.

I myself have been feeling good. I continue to be thankful for GOD being so present in our lives and working so hard to remind us daily he is here, even though the Devil will find any crack to slither in and fill my head and heart with doubt. Our Family and Friends have been beyond wonderful. A wonderful support group, Amazing Listeners, Yummo Cooks (we have had some REALLY good dishes delivered to us, I am defiantly feeling the ‘sympathy weight’ haha and acquiring a little shape – I like it ;) and just the biggest hearts that anyone could ever open up to us!! When this is all over and we look back years from now, ALL of you will ALWAYS be remembered for joining us and staying with us through this journey!

As Halloween approaches in the next few days, I wish you all to be safe and enjoy all the ghouls and goblins that will make their way to your doorstep and if you are the one stepping out into the neighborhood to collect all that irresistible chocolate and goodies, you too be safe and enjoy!

I will end tonight with a huge hug and many kisses as I always do to all of you far and wide. Family, Friends and all of you who have joined us in this journey along the way via-family and friends of your own have now become our Friends in spirit. Each day, Mike and I wake up and continue to be instilled with strength, courage and filled with Love because of GOD and all of you – we are FOREVER grateful!

Much Love,

Lyndie OXO

No comments: