Friday, October 22, 2010

Step On A Crack - Break Your Mamma's Back




OK! So I read my horoscope and at 11:11 I make a wish & ANY time I find a “wishbone” type twig or bone, I MAKE Hubby break it with me to make a wish – but I wouldn’t call me supersticious…right?

Well!! Today, not being any out of the normal day such as Friday The 13th or Halloween, etc. it has REALLY turned out to be a FREAKY Friday. Here, let me fill you in.

So today at work around 11:30, I get a call and (thanks to Caller ID) I glance to see who is calling. All it says is Zimmerman. So I answer it (knowing it is not a tenant) and say my usually greeting, and no one is there and a dial tone appears. Ok, no worries. So a little while later, My Boss and I along with our Engineer scout out some questionable spaces here in our building on the tunnel level that are vacant but holding storage, etc and we need to find the owner. As we are down there in an abandoned office, I see a notice hanging on the wall – it is an Obituary for a – are you ready…”Mr. Zimmerman” who passed away in 2005!!!!! What The H***!! Eeek! That was eeery, but just a couinsedence…right?

Today for lunch we decided to venture out in the tunnel system and I have had my eye on this little Tex-Mex place that has this HUMONGOUS Burrito special on Fridays for like $2.99 SMOTHERED in queso! So we had down there and I place my order. I order that along with a medium sweet tea and a side of sour cream. So I go to check out and my total is – are you ready for this…$6.66 – No Lie!!! I quickly added a tip to ensure that amount was not on any future paperwork. Aye!

Lunch is over and we are headed back to the office through the tunnel and just this AM, a lady had slipped and fell on a non-wet, non-tripping hazard type location…well I at the same EXACT spot did the same thing!! I caught myself luckily but was pretty shakin’ up – Shucks!! It has been a day!

Needless to say when we took over this building we were told by the previous owner that this building is haunted…a ghost by the name of “Emily” roams the 17th floor. I have yet to see her or know anything about her story, so does she exist?? Now I am starting to wonder ;)

No comments: