Thursday, October 28, 2010

Feel The Rain on YOUR Skin


I know I have so many favorite songs – a lot for no other reason than just the beat that gets me going and I can sing along to. Not a whole lot growing up that I listened to, did I analyze the ACTUAL words and try to relate or while listening try to read more into the words than I should – I just like music…all kinds! (Oh especially those “drop it low songs” haha – I still have no rhythm and never will, but its fun to try to “Drop it low, low, low every once in a while ;)

Well now that I am older, as I listen to music, especially some soulful tunes, I listen to the words a little more – not necessarily try to find them and connect them to my life, but really relate to the pain, joy, sadness, happiness or confusion that the artist may have been going through when writing this song. But then there are some songs that I hear and it clicks while driving and the words just POP out and it makes me think a little harder and appreciate the words a little more and take a piece of that song and connect it to my life, a situation that I have experienced or one that I may be experiencing at that moment.

As you all know, I am a Reality Show Junkie – and in all fairness I do call it “TRASH-ality” because the shows I watch are far from the wholesome ones you find on the Local Networks like Amazing Race, Survivor or The Apprentice – you know shows with real meaning ;) haha! Nope I go for the complete opposite – Anything BRAVO, VH1, E! Channel, MTV (which the only one I watch is 16 & Pregnant or Teen Mom) and my new addiction TRU TV! But at one time, I was a complete nut bag over The Hills; you know the one that is COMPLETELY Real, not scripted. I actually miss that one now that I think about it.

Well my point is that all those shows, I don’t really ever pay attention or hear a theme song, but with The Hills, I loved the intro song “Feel the Rain on Your Skin”. Every time the show came on, that was one of my favorite parts – It made me want to put on a sundress, get up and twirl around outside and let the rain or sun come down on me – not a care in the world just dance!

The lyrics really stood out to me today ---- > “Feel the rain on your skin; No one else can feel it for you - Live your life with arms wide open; Today is where your book begins; The rest is still unwritten” These words just grabbed me and I felt what the song means – well what it means to me. No matter what any of us are going through – we are the ONLY ones that can feel it for US. Though we all may be experiencing the same situation, just as some see the glass half empty, I will always continue to see it half full. No one else can tell you how to feel nor can you tell them.

Though we try so hard to map out our future, the truth is, each day is a new beginning, a day for you to start a new page. Though I know in my heart GOD has his plan in motion and he ultimately will determine our path, we every day can determine how we are going to live that day that has been given to us. No one else can feel what we are feeling – “the rain on OUR skin” feels different to us all. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE knowing we have a chance to create the “unwritten” each and every day!

Glad I heard this song today and felt that feeling.

No comments: