Tuesday, October 12, 2010

GO Tell It On The Mountain





Well tomorrow is THE Day – The Day that Mike will start his chemotherapy. It’s so trivial how through all this time, these things that we knew may come to pass are here and though we have prepared for these events during this journey – the fact that it is all less than 24 hours away just fills me with anxiety.

I am in such a good place today and for the past couple of days. I am no longer dwelling on the days ahead in fear – I know that our days ahead may be filled with ones that aren’t so sunshiny – but I know now and completely feel that the days of good will surpass the bad.

I have never been shy about my faith and the fact that every chance I get I will not pass the moment to tell someone, anyone that will listen how GOD has Blessed me in my life. This journey alone has offered me so many opportunities already to share our praises with you all, people in passing and people possibly before they were sent an email or a prayer request were strangers to Mike and I. I personally have never dealt with Cancer directly with anyone that I spent a great deal with such as my husband. We are together every day and every night. Though there has been some up and down days which have had a lot to do with the medications that he is on at this time, he has remained so strong and courageous thus far and I could not be more proud than I am today – and believe me, this admiration will only grow through this journey.

Mike months prior to his diagnosis was the type that could not even stand a flu shot without feeling faint. To this date he has had Brain Surgery, he has been poked and prodded by small and large needles, he has given no telling how much blood and endures daily meds that work together through his body all for different purposes but for the same purpose. He has felt feelings of insecurity, sadness, mad, happy, faithful and angry again – all sometimes within an hour! He is a true soldier and continues to battle this daily with no looking back – He continues to be my hero!

As I sit here tonight, I can see him in the bedroom watching TV while playing with the “wet-nosed” kiddos”. His life again tomorrow is bringing something new, a new agent to his body to help fight this disease that will once again alter him in some way or another – I look at him now and he looks fearless, like a warrior.

Mike has truly opened himself up to GOD in the past few months and though we have had battles and dealt with thoughts of doubt, he ultimately knows that GOD is in control. I myself have stated that I have always have had a strong base in my faith and positivity, but I can whole-heartedly say that this journey has re-confirmed my faith that I have had for all these years – the same faith that has brought me through trials in my life – I see it working in front of me daily – Through my husband, through me, through our family and through our friends.

It is quite amazing and I have to let you all --- know that EVERY prayer is being heard – every tear with every cry is being wiped, every scream of despair is being silenced – all of this is being done with faith in knowing that GOD is and always will be in control – through this journey and all journeys that we take along our lifetime – YES…he IS that Good!!

I ask tonight from you all – no matter where you find your quiet time, but when you do, say a prayer for Mike tonight. Pray for his continued strength through this journey and as he starts chemo tomorrow. Pray for his peace of mind. Pray for his strong mentality to continue. Pray for his spiritual relationship with GOD to continue to grow and he knows him better every day. Pray for him to handle this chemo and whatever he may endure with his treatments. Pray for continued healing that is already taking place in his body. Pray for his team of Doctors and Nurses that have and continue to put hours and hours into a treatment plan specifically made for him. Pray for our Family to continue to be the amazing people that they are for us through this.

In ending I thank you ALL! Through you, we are instilled with strength each day! The prayers and good spirits sent our way, continue to lift us ALL up and allow us to wake each morning and thank GOD for this day and what lies ahead. We have complete trust in him and beyond thankful for that peace in our hearts. I will continue to keep you all posted as always.

OH!!! And was in such great spirits yesterday, Maggie and The Boys came over to celebrate his 35th Birthday with us! It was pure JOY and such a good time! Thanks to Maggie who ALWAYS captures those “KODAK Moments”.

Much Love to you ALL,

Lyndie









No comments: