Wednesday, October 13, 2010

SAY WHAT???


"For I KNOW The Plans I HAVE For YOU - DECLARES The LORD - Plans To Prosper You And Not To Harm You, Plans To Give You HOPE & A Future - Jeremiah 29:11

Man oh man – that METRO-Rail ride to MD Anderson this morning was harsh. I for the entire night prior to our visit with Mike’s Oncologist could not sleep. Not necessarily nervous, but just anxious! I really had no expectation, but was ready and prepared for ANYTHING! So as I made my way to the Tram and rode to MD Anderson, I received a few texts and emails reminding me of all that are praying for Mike and lifting him up in spirits, it provided peace, but until I was sitting there with my husband and knowing exactly what we were looking to endure with any possibility of the cancer spreading due to it being much more aggressive than it was first anticipated.

Maggie and Mike were already there and sitting in the waiting area talking to a few patients waiting to see the Doctors and one in particular had nothing, per Mike, to say good about treatment, etc. Mike said he told him “I gave it to GOD.” and continued to visit with Maggie.

Before the Doctor came in, a resident came in from Baylor that is working with Dr. Tsao and asked the usual questions, etc. from the information that he had from the charts and scans done just the day before. He asked Mike if he was feeling any pain and if he had gone through radiation other than his Brain a week prior? Any radiation to the areas that the chemo was going to treat? We explained no and he proceeded to say that he does not have any explanation, but some of the metastasis have actually shrunk…SHRUNK??? And without chemo even being in the picture yet. He was not able to explain. He informed us that some as some of the metastasis have developed (not in any new areas – we are still seeing the cancer in all the original areas from the first diagnosis on 07/19/10) but as those have formed, others are shrinking in the sternum and pelvic bone area. Say What?

Dr. Tsao came in (and on a side note – that woman has style! She was in an amazing little suit with some high-heel boots - very stylish!) and proceeded to tell Mike that nothing has changed since the original diagnosis and that it looks as if though Mike’s Body (itself) is fighting the Cancer! Mike immediately pointed his finger up and said “It’s GOD!” I truly did not know what to expect and as I said, was prepared for anything – but received an instant chill through my body when those words were said “It’s something that we can’t explain.” Praise GOD!!! Dr. Tsao also mentioned that at this time the spine was not a huge concern along with the chemo treatment to the brain and they will move forward with just chemo at this time.

Chemo will start today in just a few hours. They have prescribed Mike with anti-nausea medicine and feel confident that he will do well with it. The day is finally here. As I mentioned I am no longer anticipating the future and how this will affect him, and I will continue to give this ALL to GOD and know that he will remain in control throughout this journey and beyond! I will continue to keep you all posted throughout treatment. The journey is not near over, but the healing HAS Begun!!

As ALWAYS and I will continue to say in all my updates – THANK YOU ALL for Prayers and the Spirits sent our way – The Prayers ARE Working and they are welcomed!! Family, Friends and whoever is reading this through a forwarded email report – Thank you, Thank You Thank You for believing and keeping the faith!

Much Love XOXO

Lyndie

No comments: