Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Give A Little Bit – Give A Little Bit Of Your Love (To EVERYone)




Today’s entry from Joel & Victoria reads “Too often, it’s easy for people to get satisfied in life and think, “Well, I’m blessed. I’ve got a roof over my head. I’ve got money to pay my bills.” And that’s good. But that’s not God’s best. God is a God of abundance. He wants you to not only have enough for your own needs, but He wants you to have so much left over that you can be a blessing to somebody else. We need to go beyond thinking, “I’m blessed because I’ve got food on the table.” Let’s be grateful for what we have, but we can’t stop there. We need to stretch our faith for others as well. When you have enough to meet the needs of others, that’s when you’re walking in the fullness of His blessing.”

I was so happy to open my email this AM, it was just what I needed to hear. The past few weeks I have felt completely blessed with the opportunity to speak with KSBJ and to now offer my entries into the MD Anderson monthly Cancer Wise Blog. Of course when things are going so well and you feel GOD ultimately working in your life, the devil sets in and whispers those little bits of insecurity in your ear; “Do you really think your writing is touching that many people?”, “Don’t you think people get tired of your chirpiness and always optimistic attitude?”, “Do you really think you are reaching anyone out there?” YES, I do get those thoughts and immediately say a prayer and thank GOD for the ability he has given me to do what I do and continue to share our journey and YES be an inspiration to others, no matter what the circumstance in their lives.

I take from this message that was sent that GOD does indeed want to us to praise and be grateful for the food we have on the table, for the roof we have over our heads, but also use the blessings that happen in our lives and spread the praise and allow yourself to be a blessing to someone else as well – share! Through our journey I turned to blogging for (2) reasons. First it was an outlet and truly offered Therapy for me as everyday is ever-changing. Second it was the chance that gave me the ability to speak to EVERYone at once throughout this journey. It allowed me with one swoop to inform everyone of updates, results, going ons and much more. Never did I think that it would become what it has and have the responses that I receive daily.

I receive emails from people ALL over the country and even have been graced with some from other countries that have been touched in one way or another by our journey. Our journey that consists of ups and downs but most of all focuses on GOD and how good he is to us and with “Faith the size of a Mustard Seed” anything is possible.

I encourage you all to though you feel blessed at this moment; please continue to share your blessing with others. This does not mean if you win the lottery go out and by all your friends a car, or a new home…take this as a chance to spread the word of how YOU have been blessed on your daily journey. Maybe you have been praying for a raise at work, maybe you have been praying for a family member, maybe you are just having four good hair days in a row and traffic has been wonderful going to work this week or you just feel that everything in your life is a blessing and you want to share – take this opportunity and do not be shy!

I no longer get those thoughts of insecurity often as I used to, for the emails, phone calls and messages that I do get far surpass any of the negative I have ever received and for this I know GOD will continue to bless us beyond belief just as he will you too for as long as we am here!

XO Lyndie

No comments: