Friday, July 8, 2011

I Promise You Won't Get Burned




“Don't smother each other. No one can grow in the shade - Leo Buscaglia”

Every once in a while, I take a moment to clean out drawers, shelves and cabinets. My we accumulate a lot of things – these things end up in what we usually call our “junk drawers”. Lord knows we have plenty in our house – if we are looking for a screwdriver, yep not usually in the normal place such a tool box, you can find it in our junk drawer. Looking for just anything you can use around the house you can find it in any hiding place in the house – these places become the spaces that as soon as you have company, it all gets dumped into these spaces and sometimes you forget it is there, till you happen to be looking in that spot and “oh wow!” there it is – even though you were not looking for it right then!

Well while Mike was out in Florida, I did some major cleaning and while doing that I came across my ‘Fireproof – The Love Dare’. Wow! I could not believe that this book was something I had just stuffed in a cabinet somewhere. This book, this challenge played a huge part in my life with not only my marriage, but with other relationships in my life as well – relationships with family and friends.

If you have never read ‘Fireproof’ or ever did the 40-day challenge, I highly recommend that you seek out a copy and not only read, but adapt it to your everyday life. Though it is only a “40 Day” challenge, I have continued to use the advise and direction of this book in my everyday life, especially since Mike was diagnosed. You don’t have to have a marriage in distress or any turmoil in your life, it simply is a healthy exercise to continue to add water to any relationships in your life to ensure they continue to flourish and grow. I have since reading this book, taken my closest relationships in my life to whole new levels or love, respect and compassion.

I will support this book up and down and now that I have re-found it, I am tempted to do it again! I encourage you, no matter what is going on in your life, whether you feel you need it or not. Start with opening that first page and with it offering short chapters that you limit to one a day followed by a small exercise, it is really so easy and the feeling you get in the end is priceless!

I have attached a link here to the website: http://www.fireproofthemovie.com/

As always I wish you all continued health and wealth in all aspects of your life, especially the unlimited wealth of love!

XO Lyndie

No comments: