Sunday, January 2, 2011

Cheers To a New Year and Another Chance For Us To Continue Getting It Right




“By Day You Led Them With a Pillar Of Cloud, And By Night With a Pillar of Fire To Give Them Light on The Way They Were to Take – Nehemiah 9:12”

I like this verse. I feel reading it, it reassures me that in this New Year GOD will continue to provide us our fire we need to light the ways we are to take --- For as I will always remember it is ALL his plan!

Mike and I hope you all had a wonderful ending to your 2010 and an unbelievable entrance into 2011! We both ended this year with the ability to not look back at the year we have emerged from with sadness, but yet we looked back, thanked GOD and held each other’s hands and leaped forward into 2011! We know that this year will hold many challenges and the days will continue to change, but the strength we have been given this past year, we know we are stronger than ever, even a little wiser and there is nothing that with our hearts completely in it we can’t accomplish!

Years ago, I gave up on “New Year’s Resolutions” and just know that with each year that passes I will only strive to be me! I will strive to be the best of me. I will continue to be the best wife I can be, the best Family I can be, the best friend I can be. I will continue to know that with faith anything is possible and with the year coming to an end with all that is currently in place, GOD remains so good to us and will smile down on us and continue to be proud of us knowing we are not perfect and not even attempting to be, but in our hearts we yearn to be good people and faithful to all our beliefs and stay focused without losing sight on how far we have come and how much further he plans for us to go.

So many of you, Family and Friends in the year 2010 you all have accomplished so much and I am so proud! Many of you went back to school to achieve your degree you have wished for. Many of you have become mothers and fathers this year and with each day that passes become so good at being the best parent to your little princesses and princes. Many of you have succeeded in your own personal adventures with companies, continued success in your current career and the list goes on. I am so proud to know you all and see everyone’s growth!

As we enter our first week into the New Year, January is a busy month for Mike with treatment and testing. He will undergo chemo this Wednesday and then again next week. He will receive towards the end of the month a few more MRIs and I will keep you posted on the results from those. We continue to pray that Mike stays on the track he is on with limited side effects from treatment and that every visit brings news of chemo working along with GOD and the Cancer will continue to shrink – 2011 WILL be a victorious year for us, for Mike! GOD blessed us with Mike feeling good over the New Year’s weekend and we celebrated with Maggie and Friends at the Beach House. It was a great time with Fireworks, Good Food, Dances on The Beach, Golf Cart Rides, New Games, Karaoke, Dance Dance Wii and just a lot of bonding! Mike continues to feel good and is ready to take on 2011 – as always he remains ‘Strong Like Bull’ and El Toro is definitely ready to horn the devil in the rear and straight out of the picture!

In closing, I hope that as you wipe your eyes from the 2010 Fog and enter this New Year, you take a hold of this year and strive to conquer all of your dreams! I pray for minimal despair and much happiness for you, your household and all loved ones that surround you!

XO Lyndie

No comments: