Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Spiritually Maturity




"Spiritual maturity isn’t measured by how long you’ve been a Christian, How much you know, Or how often you go to church -- Spiritual maturity is measured by the way you treat other people -- It’s measured by the love you allow to operate in and through you” Joel Osteen

I received this quote from a friend today. I am a huge fan of Joel Osteen. I have been for a while. As I have said many of times, I feel I have always had faith throughout my life and I have remained close to GOD. I know I have lost myself a few times along the road of life, but always knew that GOD was there and because of him, I am where I am today. Joel Osteen along with another lady who I have come to love with just a simple book (that I so feel was written just for me) by Lysa TerKeurst ‘What Happens When Woman Walk in Faith’. Both of these people are a huge inspiration to me in the ways they teach with love and optimism.

Through this journey I have introduced you to many aspects of Mike and I’s relationship. Our relationship with each other, our relationship with family, our relationship with friends and our newly found shared relationship with GOD! It has been quite a rollercoaster of emotions since Mike’s diagnosis and though we have been truly blessed and have had so many new people in our life that you know have only been placed by The Lord --- Well with the good, there is the bad. At these times when I find myself feeling these feelings of turmoil, at that moment, I stop, take a deep breath and if I look down – In my hand is what I realize I have AGAIN tried to take back from GOD and handle myself. I cannot believe I continue to do this!! I am human, so I suppose I have an excuse, but it’s not good enough.

There are daily battles that I face. Some important (at least to me) and others not so much – but do you notice ever that it is the smallest of items that eat away at us. It is those feelings that we allow to consume all of our time as we strive to figure out a resolution to them. These small minuet parts of our life, that usually unattended to REALLY do jus t go away.

I had lunch with a lady who has become a dear friend of mine in the short time that I have known her. She was diagnosed with breast cancer and Praise GOD after 2 years and a recent PET scan, she is Cancer-Free! When I am around her I cannot explain the feeling I get. We have a lot in common… She is newly married and endured this battle with her husband of only FEW days – Yes, They were married a few days and she was diagnosed. We both work in the same industry and so we can share a lot in that subject! But over anything else, she shares a relationship with GOD that is so strong, that she can vouch that to this day, this is HE is the reason she is where she is and Cancer Free! She continues to inspire me. She reassures me no matter what, when I am down, that with one smile, one hello or even a jubilant laugh, you can change the course of your day. There are a lot of people like this is the world…and if you have the chance to know one, take advantage and love them – hold on to them. As the quote above states, your Spiritual Maturity is measured by the Love YOU ALLOW to operate through you – gosh isn’t that so very true

In closing, Mike continues to do so well with treatments. He remains “Strong Like Bull”. He will under-go (2) MRIs this week (This will be Brain and Spine) and Monday he will have a PET Scan done (for the lung and all other areas affected.) Our appointment with our Oncologist is Wednesday 1/26/11 to discuss the reports and update as to how all the treatment is working in his body. We continue to pray for GOD Given results and know that HE continues to cleanse Mike of this Devilish disease and it will be GOD’s victory this year when Mike is Cancer-Free!

Also, on a very positive note, Maggie and I discussed seeking out a counseling program (there are many offered by MD) and attending with our family. During all this time, Mike is our complete main focus, but we also are learning we need to take care of ourselves as well – and we feel this will provide the tools to do so, to continue to keep a healthy mind and soul for us all.

We all thank you as a family for your continue prayers for each of as well. All my emails are received, every text message, every phone call…As ALWAYS, we are so grateful for all of you and your continue support to us through this journey that will soon make history.

Because of YOU Mike, Me and Our Family are strengthened daily!!

XO Lyndie

No comments: