Monday, December 27, 2010

As We Say Goodbye to 2010 - I Am FOREVER Thankful



“He Lifted Me Out Of The Slimy Pit, Out Of The Mud And Mire; He Set My Feet On A Rock And Gave Me A Firm Place To Stand. He Put A New Song In My Mouth, A Hymn Of Praise To Our God. Many Will See And Fear The LORD And Put Their Trust In Him – Psalm 40:2-3”

What a strong verse and I feel it fits this letter very well! This year Mike and I both became closer to GOD and he did indeed put a new Song in our Mouths. At our weakest moments he did pull us from the slimy pit and place our feet upon a rock and gave us that firm place to stand. Though this year brought upon much distress and heartache, I will not look back at 2010 and regret one moment – GOD would hate that --- rather I will look into 2011 and be oh so thankful for the path we were given and the strength to take it!

Mike and I hope that you all had such a wonderful Christmas with loved ones! We sure did! It was such a celebration that offered much more than just gifts and good food – it was blessed with a healthy household and cherished time with Family and Friends, chances to make those moments that you know when you are in them, that they are only moments that GOD provides. It was so great having Mike off and just take our time this Holiday weekend and absorb it ALL! This year, we weren’t in any rush, we wanted to soak it all in and just really allow GOD to remind us the TRUE “Reason For The Season”, and he did just that! Mike was a little tired this year, but we were so thankful that we did not have to sit out and miss any time with family – we were able to spend ALOT quality time catching up with everyone!

We started off Christmas Eve with My Side of the Family in Hardin. Man oh Man was I glad I saved my appetite! Uncle Poppy (whom makes the best of EVERY-thing) asked Mike and I if we had any “special” requests for Dinner. Mike loves his Potato Soup, I love his homemade dressing and gravy – we both love homemade beer bread J well, we got there and it was ALL made!! I was in HOG Heaven (literally) I “pigged” out! We saw family that we had not seen in a long time and just took our time making the rounds to ensure we didn’t miss any hugs and kisses. We exchanged gifts, watched the Christmas Story (for what was going to be our 1st time of the year of the 25 we would continue on the 24-Hour marathon!) It was such a fun time! I cannot believe how much everyone has grown and cousins that I used to change their diapers are taller than me and ones that seem it was just yesterday we were all at the hospital awaiting their arrival, are be-bopping around the house saying the entire alphabet and counting way past ten! I cannot to head out there again when we have more time this year and continue developing memories galore!

The next morning we woke up early and spent the morning with Maggie and The Boys. Gosh, the older they are getting the more fun it gets – just seeing their gleaming faces at all Santa had brought! Santa brought Travis a Big Boy Bike with gears and all!! It was a memorable moment as he rode down the street with no training wheels!! Where has the time gone? William and Trevor are getting so big and they were huge fun this year also --- I teared up a few times, just watching them and them loving all over Uncle Mike! William is the love bug of the 3 and he was all over Uncle Mike giving unlimited smooches and hugs – I will ensure pictures to come soon! Maggie cooked a beautiful breakfast and we stuffed our tummies and it was already time for a nap! We headed into round 2 that evening with The Charnock side of the family come over for some fun Holiday time! The night got very interesting as we busted out a board game based upon nothing “But 80’s” – I am not sure if we really ever truly followed the rules, but either way it was such a great time of bonding and another memory that I will forever cherish!

As we head into this New Year in just a few days (I still cannot believe it!) Mike remains in good spirits and will undergo chemo this Wednesday (December 28,2010), so as always we continue to thank you so much for all Prayers, Messages, Phone Calls and All else. They ARE working, please never doubt that. They are what ensure Mike and I wake up every day with strength and much courage to allow with open arms whatever comes our way! Though there are days the Devil would love us to throw our hands up and give up, and there are days that we may feel we want to, we thank Our GOD above for all he has done thus far and know that he will continue to bless us beyond our GREATEST expectations and Keep us standing firmly on the rock he has placed us on.

In ending, I can assure you that 2010 does not provide any regrets for me. My Husband gave his heart to the LORD, Mike and I have become closer and stronger than EVER, Stronger bonds have been built with Family and Friends, We met New Family (on The Charnock Side) which we can now call Friends, We Have been giving the chance to experience strengths that we never knew we had and there is SO much more ---- With ALL of this, how on Earth could I have any Regrets??? Oh yeah, The Cancer. Nope, not even this --- The Cancer is not our Fault, but it is our Problem (< ---- Thanks Renee’), so with GOD on our Side my confidence soars and I know this problem WILL be solved. So Nope, No Regrets!

Mike and wish you ALL a Very Happy New Year and really, really, really hope that though the years go so much faster as we get older, don’t let “the lack of time” take you over and bring distress, choose to take your time in 2011 and slow down --- I am still learning to do this, and I pray every day for the ability!

XO Lyndie

No comments: