Monday, December 20, 2010

TOO Blessed, TOO Blessed to Be Distressed



“Hear my prayer LORD, listen to my cry for mercy; When I am in distress I call to you because you answer me - Psalm 86:6-7”

I heard this little phrase this weekend “Too Blessed to Be Distressed” and I thought, this is so true! The Devil, especially this time of year with all the happiness and cheer that goes into celebrating The Birth of Christ and the Christmas Season – ALL The Devil wants is for us to be distressed, worried and full of doubt ------------- Well Satan, you had a hold of me for a little while, but this Season, We are TRULY TOO Blessed to Be Distressed.

This has been such a fun Holiday this year! Ever since the day after Thanksgiving with 99.1 playing non-stop Christmas Music, all the stores filled to the gills with Holiday Décor and Fun Festive Music blaring through the intercoms. I have ALWAYS loved this time of year and in all honesty a few months ago, I was distressed and sad that this Holiday would not being such good cheer with The News we had gotten with Mike and then other close family that have recently received news of a Cancer diagnosis. Boy was I wrong! GOD hears all our cries, calms all our fears and instills us all with hopes and he was not about to let this Holiday bring anything but celebration and happiness – I mean it is HIS birthday and I know all he wants is to celebrate with his Family – all his brothers and sisters in Christ and that is exactly what he is getting!

Mike underwent his 3rd chemo treatment last Wednesday, and in all honesty I was a bit nervous with this new agent that was being added and with the weather changes and the fighting off of all sickness that there was a good chance that he would be down. But as you know and you have witnessed, the Power of Prayer is amazing and Mike continues to feel well (a little tired at times) but remains in great spirits, heart and eyes focused on the Good LORD above and thus far we have enjoyed our Holiday Season! The good news is also, that he will have no more treatments until the 28th, so continued prayers for good health through the next week while we celebrate Christmas with loved ones and cross our fingers for some snow?? No? Not a possibility in our forecast, but I am always “Dreaming of a White Christmas” as belt out in my best Bing Crosby voice!

The weekend was a lot of fun, and we attended Mike’s Christmas Party for work – this was such a great time and the support and love that was felt by all was overwhelming (in a good way) I did shed a few tears (happy ones). I myself am very blessed to work for such a company that embraces me and has joined this journey with us and continues to remind us of the support and prayers that are behind us…and to have that for Mike as well with his company, it is so heart-warming and we are so thankful for each and every one of his co-workers and employers who have become not only amazing friends, but family as well!

Mike and I hope you all are experiencing a great Holiday Season thus far as well and we wish you all warm wishes and thoughts as you prepare to get all under-way for the Christmas Eve / Christmas Day celebrations no matter how or where they are spent. I feel truly honored to have you all in our lives this year. I am thankful for all that GOD has provided us and all that I know he will continue to provide us! I feel that 2011 is going to be filled with continued healing and blessings for not only Mike and I but for you and yours as well! Do not lose faith --- and do not be distressed…we are ALL Abundantly TOO Blessed!


Merry Christmas and Much Love from Mike & Me!



PS – You all that know me well, you know I HATE to read! I love my tabloids and “reality” shows, so reading a book is the last thing on my agenda, but I have read (3) books this year, that I HIGHLY recommend and I attached the links for each one – They are PERFECT for the Men AND Women in your lives:

What Happens When Women Walk in Faith - http://lysaterkeurst.com/what-happens-when-women-walk-in-faith/

Fire Proof “The Love Dare” - http://thelovedarebook.com/

The Art of Racing in The Rain: http://www.garthstein.com/arr/

No comments: