Tuesday, December 21, 2010

All I Want For Christmas "Is Some Time With YOU!"




It was pretty funny as I was out doing some shopping over the weekend. I had my Macy’s Gift Card in hand and I was ready to do some damage! Haha! I was on the search for some cute leggings that seem to be in now and EVERY one I know looks absolutely adorable in them, so I thought “Why not me too?” So I was out to get some and I did! Yay! It was fun and they turned out to look really cute, and it surprises me, because on the hanger they look like they would only fit my Barbie dolls I dressed when I was a child – funny!

Anyhow, as I was shopping I overheard two women browsing and bickering about what to get so and so for Christmas. One lady proceeded to say “Girl, she is not going to get us anything, I am sure not getting her anything and last year so and so only got you a gift card to Wal-Mart – I know you are not going to be spending time on putting effort into anything special or a lot of money.” I immediately thought “What if I am on ‘What Would YOU Do’ on ABC or CBS, but then thought their not shoplifting or anything, just talking petty about gift giving and receiving. So I continued shopping.

As I left I thought it over and know that every situation is different and to some that comment may have not bothered anyone at all…maybe just me. I thought and thought and know that this year with the circumstances we have been given, gifts are so not important to me this year. Don’t get me wrong, I love to receive and I am so very thankful for all that think of Mike and I and provide us with gifts, etc. and every year before it was my intention to spoil those who are so close to us and especially my Husband. You know, you quietly listen all year to the ones that you love and maybe it is the things that they can’t afford, or maybe in my case is something as simple as a Scentcey Burner that I know are not that much, but just something that I will NEVER treat myself to. This year I have been blessed with two and I am in hog heaven!

Mike this year came to me and was sad that we will not be exchanging our “normal gifts”; ones that we seek out to please one another and surprise each other – items we won’t buy for ourselves but so greatly want. I looked him in the eyes and reassured him, HIM being well this holiday and our continued reports of good health is the BEST present for me! Having my husband here, well and not in the hospital when so many others are there and not home with their families this time of year – him being with me and our family is my gift – that is all I want!

I suppose I hope that everyone takes a moment to really remember what this holiday is about. Please know that all the shopping and fulfilling the wishes of loved ones, you are so appreciated and thank you for seeking out those perfect gifts for loved ones this year. But to those, whom are not able to, please do not distress. Take these holidays and rather than a material gift, give a gift of great memories. Set aside any negativity in your life at the moment, and thank GOD for what you have right this moment. It is a lot easier said than done at times, but GOD knows your heart and so do the ones that are close to you. The simplest gifts are those directly from the heart – maybe a homemade card, a nice letter to someone to let them know how special they are, a phone call, an email or simply just a holiday filled with family and friends crating new memories, memories that will last longer than any gift that you can buy.

This holiday I can say will be the most cherished I have ever had. I never imagined that July 2010 would hold what it did for Mike and I and how our lives would be so affected in literally a blink of an eye. At that moment, everything else, all the worries that were once SO very big became oh so small and My Husband our future now which is being dictated by Cancer, everything else just is not important as it once was and having my husband well, not in a hospital bed and as of his last PET Scan showing his Cancer shrinking, this is truly the very best Christmas gift for my holiday season and my new year. Having him able to spend time with our family this year and share all that is in store for us and the memories that will be created literally has my cup over flowing!

In closing, Mike and I wish you a very Jolly and Cheerful Holiday Season and as you shop and wrap your gifts, I have no doubt that you are thankful for it all – that is just the Amazing Family and Friends GOD has graced us with. From the bottom of my heart, to no one in particular, maybe the grudges we hold that once we really evaluate are not really worth holding in our hearts can be let go this year --- and as I write this ALL situations are different, but if it is something that can really just be set aside to allow the more important things in our life happenings, allow yourself to set aside and focus on Family and Friends that need you now.

Merry Christmas ALL and to ALL a Good Night

XO Lyndie

1 comment:

The Camfields said...

I am thankful everything has worked out so well for you and Mike. My continued prayers always. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas <3