Tuesday, June 26, 2012

50 Shades of Pure Smutty Magic




“Love is like a bomb, baby, c'mon get it on, Livin' like a lover with a radar phone, Lookin' like a tramp, like a video vamp, Demolition woman, can I be your man?”

What is it about this song that always gets people going…ha, especially the gals…some might even say it drives them to the floor and channels them to a White Snake Video Scene…just saying ;)  As ALL of America knows (well except for the ones that are absorbing bath salts and devouring not only people, but now dogs --- true story – Waco, TX – Look it Up – Well Maybe Not) that Magic Mike comes out this week.  From the previews, it looks as of an everyday run of the mill story of a man that is taken into the male stripping world (and just read that it is actually based upon Channing Tatum’s real life experience – video and all on line) and follows his life as he lives in this women pleasing, partying lifestyle – sound interesting yet?  Well to be honest you had me at Channing Tatum! As matter of fact after seeing the previews, you have me with the entire cast!  Shoot if they were doing a documentary on picking tomatoes I’d be in!

Well it seems that this movie is causing men everywhere to question why all of women are flocking in herds to see this movie about a “stupid male stripper”…well let me throw it down from my own thoughts.  First and foremost (and I am only speaking from experience from the last month since this movie has been advertised) it’s been the same question as why it is gaining so much exposure…well for me honestly, as I said the cast! The last time I went to a strip club (for women) was in my early 20’s to La Bare…and I can tell you I surely felt the dancers were eying the little hot pants waiters serving drinks and not the sweaty over-exuberated women flashing ones, tens and twenties – true story!  I remember peaking around through the locker room and something about 2 almost naked men rubbing down each other and looking as to enjoy it…yes, I immediately had my own opinion.  Moving forward, just as The 50 Shades series is fictional (just as this movie)…it’s a story with good looking people and no matter how dull the story line is; it is something for just us women! Let us have it already!

You have to admit S-E-X is EVERY-where! And in all honesty the S-E-X is directed more towards the male species than to us women.  Strip clubs on every corner, almost makes you wonder if Star Bucks has changed direction…grab an espresso and get a lap dance.  Shoot, the strip clubs (with REAL women by the way, not movie stars or goodness sake a complete made up character) even offer a buffet lunch and happy hour hour’derves to get you in the door!  Do you realize the most us ladies will spend at this silly little movie is admission, a drink or two and guess what, women are coming home to YOU feeling frisky and sexy.  How much do men DAILY spend on REAL strippers?  Obviously a little more than $12.00 and a round of drinks…just saying. If you think about it, every sporting event that I attend, I don’t see half naked men doing a side line show for us in a barely nothing or stopping to pose with us with their hunky tan bodies in our face.  I don’t think I have seen an alcohol advertisement with a half naked man luring us in to buy their product.  In fact, we ladies are a little deprived if you ask me.  And ya’ll are worried about a little fictional character about a stripper who falls in love? You’re worried about a fictional Mr. Grey who ultimately is a kinky son-of-a-gun, but loves hard and true?

I think it’s silly. In all honesty, I feel very confident in myself, but I cannot even tell you what it was about 50 Shades of screwed up that jolted some sort of confidence that surfaced…shoot it sure did teach me a whole new vocabulary…and I mean as in new words, not positions! Face it, in the day and age of women becoming more independent, maybe it is a little intimidating to some, but if you remain confident in yourself and any relationships you have with a woman, after seeing this movie she will not be running to La Bare, or running off to Vegas to meet a Chip n’ Dale dancer.  We are forced for our confidence to soar and have our “inner-goddess” to shine at times, when surrounded by all the S-E-X that is in our face…we now have something that has truly awaken our spirits naturally…let us enjoy this, have fun with it – as I said, many of my girlfriends have confided in how their “personal” lives have dramatically improved even with kids, a job, etc.

In closing, Magic Mike is a movie…The Strip Club down the street is real!  Mr. 50 Shades is a fictional story that I hear is being made into a movie --- hmmm, what rant will we get then? Agh! Again, this is only MY opinion from my recent conversations and observations.  Cheers to all the ladies for FINALLY having something awake our “inner-goddesses” and boo to the men who are crying!

XO Lyndie







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A freakinh MEN and by "men" I mean the men can get over it! It is all just for entertainment value now let's go to Hooters or Twin Peaks and see if there are as many men balking! That's all...carry on!

I for one have enjoyed the escape from reality with 50! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I also enjoyed the 50 Shades escape ;) & can't wait to see Magic unfold before my eyes!! Xo!