Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pray for Anything & If YOU Have Faith – YOU Will Receive




“However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived”— the things God has prepared for those who love him - 1 Corinthians 2:9”

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to take a minute to send an update. As I previously wrote, Mike underwent a minor Brain Procedure to input the Omemya into his brain to allow the doctors to administer the chemo directly to the spinal fluid to attack what is floating around. It was a simple procedure and thankful Mike had the same Neurosurgeon as his original surgery in 2010. He was in surgery for a total of about 2 hours – from start of anesthesia until recovery. I remember the first surgery he had, he was up and walking, talking and eating the very same night – this time, the recovery is a little slower due to the disease progression in the spinal fluid, the recent radiation and the hospital stay. There are so many factors that are in place at the moment, it is hard to pinpoint what exactly is the culprit to cause not such a “speedy” recovery, but I remain to leave that In GOD’s hands and focus on what I can do now.

With all that has been going on in the last 2 weeks, it seems a little depression has set in for Mike. The fact that he has done SO wonderful this past year, and been able to lead such an active lifestyle and even return to work, it was a low blow to have all this happen so fast within the weeks and have the quality of health change so much. Don’t get me wrong, I have confirmed with Mike that he DOES want to continue to fight this and he understands what the fight entails --- new chemo to attack spinal fluid and the new chemo to attack the liver lesions that appeared from last scan. He remains faithful though we are both scared, we both understand that it will remain out of our control and that GOD is in complete control – as hard as it is to give it all to him at times, we know that it is what we must do.

Just to clarify, I understand my emails mainly offer an optimistic “Kart-Wheel” mentality of Mike’s disease, but I would not want it any other way. In all, after my emails, we can all access GOOGLE and its sources and know that the “prognosis” seems grim. In all my emails, I supply the facts of what Mike is going through and experiencing, but yet, I live with Mike day to day, every hour on the hour and though to the outside that have not seen him physically daily, he has changed. He has lost weight; he is in a “funk” and dealing with the day to day complications of this roller coaster disease. I was told recently, that some entries I make may be confusing…I speak of Mike and his current status, yet, I praise GOD for blessing Mike with his strength, mentality and etc…so this email I just wanted to clear the air.

Yes, Mike is not as strong as he has been in the past months, he is weak and with the current position of the disease, he is in a funk and with the depression he is currently in a state of mind where he is just there. He wants to continue to fight this battle, but a lot has happened in the past few weeks, and it has taken a toll. For me, I live with Mike daily and I see the changes, but in no way is he looking “Horrible” (to those who have only visited him after 7 months of no visits). Horrible is not even close to the lull Mike is in now. I could not even imagine in only 3 weeks, be put on new meds that cause a bad reaction, a FULL blown radiation and brain surgery --- and to still be able to even be awake and know the current events of today – like The president’s name or even re-call the street you grew up on along with several of your mother’s favorite songs at told to me when I ask at any moment of any day. I know that this disease messes with the CNS and to ensure, I continue to ask Mike questions all day long --- he continues to do great!

I am sorry if my emails do not paint the FULL picture…but I intend to inform everybody, leaving you with an optimistic outlook for the future. I could easily email grim details of our daily battles, but what would it do? It would offer no hope. For now, you understand that this journey is a daily up and down, but with the downs, we WILL have plenty of ups, and that is what we need to focus on…for Mike. He needs to have his mind strong, happy and focused on the future of being well, not the “statistics”. Studies show the mind is SO powerful and continues to heal the body of disease daily in MANY circumstances…is Mike any different and deserve less? Nope, Everyday will be sunshine and Kart-Wheels in our household…everyday even wakened by the rain on the roof tapping, smiles and kisses from the wet-nosed kiddoes will surpass the sadness that we could allow to set in.

In closing, yes, more than ever, Mike needs your prayers to lift him out of this fog --- for have the prayers worked before? Yes, and GOD will continue to use us and this slight journey in “the valley of shadow of death” will not slow us down nor side track us -- we daily will continue to touch others, inspire and know that above this Cancer, GOD has something in the works to WOW us all – just wait!

Love you all --- and thank you for everything…

XOOXO Lyndie

No comments: