Monday, February 13, 2012

For This Day, May We Feel Blessed and Peaceful – Mikes Journey




“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life - John 3:16”



What a fitting verse, for I know because of this verse, Mike is in Heaven with our maker and shining down upon us and will forever be my Guardian Angel.

As you all know by today, I do not choose to say that Mike has ‘lost’ his battle to cancer, yet defeated the Devil’s plan and is now and always will be Cancer Free! He went to be with the Lord yesterday at (4:20 AM ;) and went in his sleep. It was sudden, yet just perfect for there was no lingering suffering or agony. I was by his side until the end, and would have had it no other way. I prayed for peace for the coming of this and know that I received it and know that GOD does answer prayers – for mine was answered.

Mike was an amazing husband, friend and family to all that knew him. He lived life to the fullest and was a man of many trades and had an amazing mind! His heart was so huge and I am so blessed that the Lord chose me to be his partner. Please know that though it is hard to be without Mike today, it will get better and he is in the best place – Heaven’s arms. He is reunited with his mother and all others that he has lost along his life – and now they will all rejoice and enjoy the walks down the streets of gold together.

I am in such great gratitude of the multitude of love given by you all – the unrelentless love provided to Mike and I through this time in our lives. I am being admired for my strength in all of this, but please know it is given to me by GOD, as I said I prayed for peace and strength and it is what I got. Mike would not have wanted us to mourn for too long, but to rather be joyful during this time and remembering all the good and the life he led!

At Mike’s request, he wanted to be cremated, so we are holding a service for him on Saturday – I will have the information at the end of this email. I am thankful for you all that have come by and called and please know that if I do not answer a call or return an email, I am surely getting them and hold them close to my heart.

Please continue to lift up myself and our family and the ones that loved Mike for that we may have continued peace and strength through this time…Thank you.

Much love as always,

XOXO Lyndie

Celebration of Life --- Saturday, February 18, 2012 from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the University of Houston A. D. Bruce Religion Center, Cullen Blvd. Entrance 13.

4 comments:

Brad Tyra said...

You are a strong lady and this only made you stronger in life. I never got to meet Mike but did learn a lot from your FB posting. From the fishing trips and a nice nights at home with him. Cancer is the devils work but one thing I have seen in my 33 yrs of life is that the devil did not consider this when he made cancer is that cancer would bring people closer to God why fighting this battle ;-) I have to work nights this weekend but know Sat you,your family and Mikes will be on my mine. God Bless you, your family and Mikes Family.

C. Zampa said...

Love you, my daughter.
And to my son...you'll ALWAYS be my son, Mike. Always.

C. Zampa said...

Love you, my daughter. And to my son...you will always be my son, Mike, always.

Texas Yellow Rose said...

Lyndie,

Peace be with you. May you feel the comfort, love and strength of those by your side and from those afar. May the love you and Mike shared and the memories you have keep you lifted up during the days ahead.

Peace, strength, love and light -
Betty